Belly Pan Brackets

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Belly Pan Brackets

Post by VTRDark »

Are the Skidmarx Fibre glass or Plastic? thier site does not give much info.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

The skidmarx Moriwaki style ones are fibre glass, so I would assume the other types they do are also the same material
AMcQ
bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

The one i have is GRP, and very well made
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Reviving this thread as I'm going to need to make brackets for mr belly pan.

I can see how to make a template for a bracket in a single plane but how do I make one in two planes? With the belly pan supported in place it will be too tight to get in and measure anything. Is it just a case of trial and error?

I want to end up with something like these, the right side will be easier.
The attachment bracket1.jpg is no longer available
Left side
Left side
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Wow it was 12 years ago I made some for a lower I got used...Thanks for the memory.

Anyway, I mocked mine up in coat hanger wire to get general angle and length for the mount points to motor in a trial and error way..was really pretty quick to do it though for all four points.

Then cut and welded up the brackets, but just tacked the arms in place....a few trial and error fit/ adjustments later and the arms were holding the weld nut in perfect position.
lower brackets.jpg
lower bracket left.jpg
lower bracket right.jpg
P7221362.JPG
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

E.Marquez wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:49 pm Wow it was 12 years ago I made some for a lower I got used...Thanks for the memory.

Anyway, I mocked mine up in coat hanger wire to get general angle and length for the mount points to motor in a trial and error way..was really pretty quick to do it though for all four points.

Then cut and welded up the brackets, but just tacked the arms in place....a few trial and error fit/ adjustments later and the arms were holding the weld nut in perfect position.
Thanks for this. Trial and error it is then.

Hunting around for more bracket pics it looks like the Moriwaki ones mount in a different places on the engine but the belly pan mounting points are in the same place as the ones for my copy Mori one. The one Popkat has offered me sounds like it's the same as mine so I can use those as a guide to make some up. With any luck I can make them so they raise the belly pan as much as possible to increase ground clearance.