What item's for service

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
chric

What item's for service

Post by chric »

What item's for service?

So far I have

1-8ltr of oil
2-k&n oil filter
3-genuine honda air filter
4-spark plugs
5-front and rear pads
5- :roll: sure I have something else

So is there owt else I need It dont need serviceing till winter as I have done less than 1000 mile since I bought it in november :oops: When it had the full bag of mashings.But like to buy stuff up front as my motorbike man is ok with my parts :D
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
benny hedges

Re: What item's for service

Post by benny hedges »

you only need 4L of oil....
if you want to be anal you could replace the coolant and brake / clutch fluids, fuel filter(s) if you have them...

then over winter, strip & grease the swing arm bearings and suspension linkages, grease / replace headstock bearings, change wheel bearings & sprocket carrier bearing, check valve clearances,

not a great deal else to do tbh!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i thought it was 4 and a bit litres of oil, you'd wanna get at least another 1ltr for topping up.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The spec says 3.9l but it takes over one 4l container to get the marks correct. So either the oil manufacturers are lying about the contents of their packs or Honda are about the size of their sump!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mine took 4 and 1/3 litres to reach the correct mark on the spy glass...... :thumbup:
but then mine bikes drinking a bit of oil at the moment :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

reason for oil is bought some from local honda bloke then hiengerike as it on offer aswell for a tenner :eek2
I'll post link in a bit after buster as been for a walk
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Hmmm, did you boys have the rear on a paddock stand when filling? Mine took a nats piss less than 4l and that was with a filter change too!

I notice if my bike is level I can fill it to the top mark, if I then have her on the paddock stand she will sit under the mark. If I then filled her up she'd be overfilled.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

yes oil manufacturers lie about how much they put in cans. proven fact. :evil: :thumbdown:
chric

Post by chric »

they dont if over filled it's just as bad as been underfilled weights and meausres very strict
Was in charge of oil production lines where every 4th box was weighed against the sg of 100gram vs what ever size you was filling.
bluestoesonnose

Post by bluestoesonnose »

As has been stated, I'd do the brake and clutch fulid, coolant, check the pistions are ok in the calipers (you'll see if the pads need doing). If it's not been done in a while change the fork oil (makes a huge difference) and if you're feeling up to it, I'd strip the rear end and grease it all up.

I tend to do all the main fluids, filters and take the calipers off for a check every year. Every other year I'll do the front or rear end, coolant and brake / clutch fluid.

If you've got the front or rear end out you can give it all a good clean (I use diesel or parafin to start with and then finish with FS1 or very soapy water). I open all the electrical connectors and fill them with DC4 grease as I find them and spray the backs of the connectors with ACF-50.

As you take it all apart reassemble with coppa slip or loctite as required, you'll be glad you did when you take it apart again.

Sounds like a ball ache but it's better than watching TV and you'll know your bike is toppers