Another electrical question

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
popkat

Another electrical question

Post by popkat »

Not firestorm related but hoping someone on here is an electrical wizz and can help out.

I'm fitting an earlier engine in my Yamaha XJ600, the only difference is the the engine coming out has the alternator on the left end of the crank, it has a flywheel, magnets and one pickup in the engine cover. The engine going in doen't have all that, it has the alternator behind the barrells, it also hasd brushes, and 2 x pickups on the end of the crank.

I don't know how to wire the new one in, where would the brushes wires go ?. I've looked at wiring diagram and they appear to go to the reg/rec. The bike it's going in has 4 wires to the reg/rec, 3 x white and one red. The bike the engines coming from has a 7 pin plug. Need to know how to wire it up and if i'd need to somehow swap the cdi box ?. I guess i could swap looms over but thats loads more work if i can wire it in that would be best.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s