Starting engine

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lumpyv

Re: Starting engine

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:
lumpyv wrote:Dear master spoon.

I am in the original Ipswich here in the UK. :thumbup: if you are about though do pop in :D

Dear Mac. I am not in Norfolk . that is a wild uncivilised place just to the north of Suffolk. :lol: :thumbup:
Yeah well Norfolk, Suffolk, not much difference all six fingered Carrot pullers... :wink:
shut up or I,ll get my dad on you !! :x

3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
mikenap

Post by mikenap »

gl_s_r wrote:
MasterSpoon wrote:
cybercarl wrote:It's good job you put UK in there as they have a Norfolk in Oz too :lol: It's a topsy turvy world :beer:

As for everyone posting about brass nuts :roll: these are not something that run off a production line. The member in question made a one off batch back when he had some time when making some for himself. I believe work commitments get in the way now.

(:-})
Was aware that these do not run off a production line. Figured as gl_s_r has not advised that was not doing anymore that he may still have some available. He had replied to Brian on page 4 of this thread on 15th November 2014 (last month) and the reply seemed to indicate no worries with being able to supply more.

Admittedly it was back in September 2013 but he had also posted over the SuperHawk forum "I made some of these in the past and can certainly make some more again if it helps anyone out."

Is anyone able to confirm for sure if gl_s_r is still doing these or if I need to go hunting for another solution?

Thanks
Wayne

Sorry,

Just seen this thread, I am sending some out to Oz today and sent some to USA at the end of last week.

With these sets gone I have 5 or 6 sets left before I run out and not sure when I can make some next due to machine workloads.

Masterspoon, I will mail you later to get an address and let you know costs etc and see if that agrees with you.

Richy85, let me know if you still need some and I'll sort it out with you.

Anyone else please let me know and I'll have another look at this thread later.

Mark
I new to the board, can not PM yet. Would like a set if still available. I'm located in the States (Boston).

Thanks
Mike
ChunkyMonkey

Post by ChunkyMonkey »

I've been pointed in this direction by a Facebook group user.
I'm in UK and would very much like a pair of these choke thingies if they are still available.
This annoyance is holding up my build.
Cheers :D
TL1000R & VTR1000
Proof that 90 Degrees is HOT!!
Twitchy

Post by Twitchy »

Hi, recently purchased a VTR1000, and was advised to check the jetting. Despite my most careful attention, managed to break the rear choke fitting. Are these brass replacements still available?
06 VTR1000F; bits by Jack Flash, Erik Marquez & Jamie Daugherty. SP/954 front and SP2 rear in the works.
Build thread; http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36638
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

How much :-@
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I'd hazard a guess the price is each! :eek2
lloydie wrote:How much :-@
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's crazy ,like like my glsr ones :/)
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

The very first thing I did, when I got my VTR, and I mean the very first thing was to break both little plastic elbows on the enrichment valves. I made two new ones out of the Polaris Part #3130199 along with some careful drill work. I used the information on this board to get it fixed right up. It still works a treat and I don't have to worry about snapping them off now when I pull the carbs.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

lloydie wrote:It's crazy ,like like my glsr ones :/)

It is crazy.. to make them in aluminium as they are would cost around £2 each to make including anodising if you make a sensible batch size. This sort of thing really irritates me for some reason, mainly because I know how simple some things are to make and I hate seeing things like this rip the piss with costs etc. I just wish I had more time to make things, I would then flood the market with items like that at a sensible price and still make a profit.

I see there is a guy in the States selling the brass ones, the same as mine now... which is good. They are still twice the price of mine as I was selling them for around $15 or so a pair (depending on exchange rates) posted to the States and $20 to OZ but it's nice to see people being able to get hold of items like this that you just can't get normally without having to drop your trousers and get spanked for it. The difference in price can be down to availability and price of material and overheads etc, I think the real difference is that I am not interested in any profit and do not want to make what I do into any form of business or income so the prices stay artificially low.. hence the difference but $28 a pair posted is still good value and a sensible price I think.

I think we need more people that can do these things and rather than seeing them as competition we should see it as a chance to get necessary items cheaper and cheaper and make a choice where and from whom you get them from, like you do with other items more readily available. This will also hopefully stop the greedy people cashing in on the niche markets and being happy with a modest profit rather than the over-inflated prices that I do see for things that I know are only a few pounds to manufacture

Anyway, that's my moaning over... and yep back to the whole point of this reply, that really is crazy money. It is just a shame that some people will and some have to pay that amount.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So Mark when are you going to start making cams so people can start copying them. :lol: :lol:

My first thought was who;'s brought scottyhatchi back from the grave. :eek2 And what a bloody cheek. They could have asked your permission to copy them I guess, but no patent though. :roll:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

....I'd like a set of them in Ti, oh wait a minute, mine are Ti!!!!! (Thanks Mark) :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:....I'd like a set of them in Ti, oh wait a minute, mine are Ti!!!!! (Thanks Mark) :lol:
Show off .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yep!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just wait until he starts showing off his nipple tassels with Ti nuts hanging from them. :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside