Starting engine

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
gl_s_r

Re: Starting engine

Post by gl_s_r »

I had a figure of around £8 in mind posted for the pair of them needed, I think this is sensible when I break it all down to costs.

I only have 5 sets at the moment as I didn't really anticipate people wanting them, I may be able to make some more today but after that I never know when due to proper work commitments.

So far I possibly have in the list for the 5 sets:
Seb
Sirch
Wicky
Lloydie
playerone

If you could confirm via PM that the price is acceptable and supply an address etc I will get them off to you all asap.

Hope this sits well

mark
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I don't need a set, but I wanted to join the congratulations on how good your work is anyhow fast you get stuck in. :thumbup:
When I raced 2 stroke 250 single, I used to make as many bits as I could on the lathe and millers at work, but my skills were self taught and at a farmer level, your stuff is the top end :D

Top man :beer:

Can you promise that even when you sell your Storm you will stay on this forum and keep selling us these quality bits of engineering?
AMcQ
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

I'll probably never sell the storm to be honest... thinks it's become a part of the furniture and I'm content with it, does all it needs to for me and to be honest if if I had anything faster I'd just get into trouble quicker and lessen my chances of survival on the roads.. Just wish I could settle down and get it finished but have given up on that this year with the nights coming in etc. This summer has been missed me thinks. Still it'll be how I want it for next year and saves me rushing it.

All the time I can help and make bits I will... it's just hard sometimes to get the time to do it when your under a lot of work pressure and in the business I do it's a lot of pressure and time-scales to meet. That's why I don't want to kind of make a business out of it and sell the stuff constantly as I could never really guarantee I can make the bits and get them out to people.. plus my hearts not really into it, knocking some parts out to help others and get things better for the small masses is more what it's about, I like the idea of small batch and exclusive.

Reading back through that it's kind of hard to describe what motivates you... weird... maybe it's just still too early?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Put me down for a set, if you have any available mate. Thanks. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Even thought they aren't titanium??
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

gl_s_r wrote:Even thought they aren't titanium??
:lol:
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

i forgot there was another thing i needed rear engine bolt holding frame to engine i had a long bar through with the crash things on each side but they got damaged n rod bent so i ordered a new bolt and they sent me the standard one but coz i had crash things i dnt have the standard bolt i have the castle bit but no bolt to go on the actual bar lol

really best not forget that like dnt want that vibrating out while riding down the rd ha ha ha
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Need to keep a little weight on the bike! It's getting so light I'm worried it will float away. Obviously not when I sit on it, ahem.
As for you Lloydie were'nt you waiting for package of Ti & CF? Pot, kettle!!
:lol: :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I suppose I beta have some as well Mark. If you would like to put me down on the list for the next batch, no hurry mate, but 2 sets for me please. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:I suppose I beta have some as well Mark. If you would like to put me down on the list for the next batch, no hurry mate, but 2 sets for me please. :thumbup:

what you doing making it into a quod carbed twin :-)
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

So Kev, you'll not be wanting this very special one off set in titanium then? Thought you would have been all over them.

Talking of titanium and carbon fibre... what you reckon of these couple of lumps of fibre with the titanium bits on top?

I was going to maybe make a solid top yoke out of it but have since gone of the idea... just not ever thought what what to do with it since.. it'll probably just end up as a paperweight or something. It's 12" long. 6" wide and 2" deep... the other a few inches shorter if there are any sensible ideas.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have two sets of carbs. One will be set up for aftermarket filter and the other set will be set up for OM. Then if needs be I could hot swap them. :wink:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

gl_s_r wrote:So Kev, you'll not be wanting this very special one off set in titanium then? Thought you would have been all over them.

Talking of titanium and carbon fibre... what you reckon of these couple of lumps of fibre with the titanium bits on top?

I was going to maybe make a solid top yoke out of it but have since gone of the idea... just not ever thought what what to do with it since.. it'll probably just end up as a paperweight or something. It's 12" long. 6" wide and 2" deep... the other a few inches shorter if there are any sensible ideas.

HHHMMMMMM Titanium, me needs the precious, they be mines, they be mineses. How much do you want I have one good kidney left, me right leg still works ok and as it get's very little use my brain is relativly functionable, the rest is knackered. Gimme, Gimme Gimme.
:Drool: :Drool:
Oh and as for the Carbon fibre, batter Lloydie around the bonce with it for me!!!! :lol:
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Sold to the man with one good kidney...

PM me all your details and I'll get them out to you.