clock swap

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dragonback

clock swap

Post by dragonback »

Hi guys i got a newer set of clocks on the way as well as a petrol tank ! has anybody swapped the clocks from old to new is there owt i should be aware of ?
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Wicky

Re: clock swap

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I believe the dash plug on the later model is different so you would either need a later harness and splice it all in or get a replacement plug. Here's a good link for electrical plugs http://kojaycat.co.uk/ Also you may have to change the temperature sender unit to a later model one. Have you got a later model 19l tank to put on. If so and it has the fuel sender unit/float then you are good to go. But if it is the earlier model tank you will have to get a later model float/sender unit for the fuel gauge. Don't use the same one that comes with the 16l tanks that has the sensor for switching the light on.

Plenty of info on the hawk site regarding a later dash http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... yle-15855/

or copy and paste this into google and do a site search

Code: Select all

later clock swap site:http:www.superhawkforum.com
(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

thanks guys will look it all up . gonna be my winter project along with the swinger
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

hi again , tank arrived just now (second hand of course) going by this pic what am i gonna need , ive never had the tank of mine , i take it the fuel sensor fits in the big hole and looks like im gonna need the petcock and filter
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

going by this pic
Having problems with your images again. :lol:

Is it the 19l later model tank you have then? I can't believe you have never had your tank off :roll: The later models did not come with a petcock/fuel tap as you now it they have a spigot type diaphragm. This thread may be of some help for you http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=18533
i take it the fuel sensor fits in the big hole
Yep, make sure you put the later model float type in (works on the same principle as a toilet cistern ball ccock) and not the earlier type which is static and does not float. It also has wire wrapped around it that leads to a metal cylinder thing on the end. You will see loads of these on ebay, but the later ones are hard to find. You may have to buy a new one or possibly you might be able to get away with using one from a CBR or something.

The whole job is not going to be a straight forward as you may have thought but it is possible.

dragonback

Post by dragonback »

Image OOPS forgot to add it
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

dragonback

Post by dragonback »

""""I can't believe you have never had your tank off """"
have just never needed too , will get it all sussed out over weekend , heading out for a meal and poss few beers , cheers ppl
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you've had a result mate, your tank already has the little fuel spigot, this just cost me £40 from david silvers :roll:
i will be putting my tank on soon and i'll be interested to see how you do yours, keep us informed buddy.... :thumbup:
and enjoy those beers..... :beer: :beer: :beer:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

morning guys , anybody know the part number for the sender unit ?, will prob just buy from silvers
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

dragonback wrote:morning guys , anybody know the part number for the sender unit ?, will prob just buy from silvers
i thought i could use the internals from my 16ltr tank more or less, sorry i don't know the part number buddy....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

no worries mate
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i thought i could use the internals from my 16ltr tank more or less
Yes because you have the early dash with the fuel warning light not the fuel gauge that comes with the later dash.

Part Number is 16 on here I think, but best to double check http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_mo ... ck_03=6130 Give David Silvers a call they will soon tell you. I think the part is only around £50. Dont forget the O Ring as well :roll:

and some more info here http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/te ... nit-28705/

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

how come your swapping the clocks? have the old ones failed in some way or are you fitting the later model one,s?

just wondered as it sounds like a lot of grief?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.