Coolant flush

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Vtrf3v3r

Coolant flush

Post by Vtrf3v3r »

So I've decided flush my own coolant on my 98 storm. Could someone please post pics on all the screw points that must be undone to remove the right side fairing as well as locations of coolant drain plug to make sure I don't mess anything up. Thanks.

VTRF3V3R
AMCQ46

Re: Coolant flush

Post by AMCQ46 »

Remove the whole fairing, don't try and split it on the bike to just take off the RH section.

Remove the mirrors as they are also the top fairing mounts, then remove the 4 silver dome head screws in the sides of the fairing, then remove the 2 plastic expander pins that hold the fairing onto the front lower edge of the radiators. The fairing won't fall off as it has 2 locating dowels on the back of the headlight that slide into rubber mounts, so don't worry about undoing all the screws.

Next you need to up plug the headlight and the front indicators, you don't need to remove either, they come off with the fairing.

Now you stand at the front of the bike and with the headlight in your belly you grab hold of the side flanks just above that radiators and pull them outwards so they can clear the mounting brackets (which have very sharp edges and can scratch the plastic). Now pull slowly forwards till the 2 locating dowels disengage ....and stop there, because now you have to unplug the connector to the side light....helps if you have a little helper for tis but it can be done by your self. Once it is unplugged remove the fairing by pulling the flanks outwards and moving forwards till you are clea of all brackets.

To drain the rads, just remove one hose from the bottom of the water pump, and also remove the drain bolt from the front cylinder block.
AMcQ