Please help...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dr B1G

Please help...

Post by Dr B1G »

Hi everyone
I've just completed the MCCT conversion following cybercarl 's instructions. I have run into a Problem when starting the bike, it appears that no fuel is getting to the carbs. I have checked for kinks in fuel lines, breather hoses and even turned on the fuel tank petcock.
Chances are I'm missing something obvious, can anyone help me.? :oops:
Wicky

Re: Please help...

Post by Wicky »

Check for PIVLR (possible inadvertent vacuum line relocation)

Is the vacuum hose connected to the rear on the fuel tap...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

Yes, there is 2 breather pipes that I can see, one big and one small diameter. The smaller diameter hose was not connected in the first place as no pipe was fitted, but the bigger one has been reconnected. The bike was working fine before the strip down, it's baffled me :crazy:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That the breather and overflow pipes your talking about. PLVR is the small diameter vacuum pipe that sits directly behind the fuel tap on the petcock and draws fuel into the carbs.

You will find on the left hand side of the bike down by the inside of the frame somewhere. Or trace it from the rear cylinder head near the rear carb inlet rubber.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Dr B1G

Post by Dr B1G »

This is embarrassing, thanks very much Carl :oops: :D
Just had her on tick over, no rattling at all from cam chains, but a bit spluttery when revving so may need carbs balancing/setting up?

Again, thanks for helping me :beer:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

A carb balance is a good idea. Also double check you have seated the carbs back in the inlet rubbers properly and they are done up nice and tight.

You not the first to have forgotten the vacuum hose or even put it back in the wrong place. There's so many I cant even give you a number, it must be thousands. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside