VFR SSSarm linkage plates drawing?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

VFR SSSarm linkage plates drawing?

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sure I had a drawing with dimensions etc for the linkage plates you need to make when carrying out the VFR800 single sided swingarm conversion on a Firestorm.
I have searched high and low but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

So before I go searching any further have any of you got a copy of it I can have please :?:

Chris.
lloydie

Re: VFR SSSarm linkage plates drawing?

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:I'm sure I had a drawing with dimensions etc for the linkage plates you need to make when carrying out the VFR800 single sided swingarm conversion on a Firestorm.
I have searched high and low but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

So before I go searching any further have any of you got a copy of it I can have please :?:

Chris.
No drawing but I have the newly made plates in the car I will take a picture of later and measure tomorrow and up date this post .
While ck is at mine tomorrow I'm going to finish off all the measurements for all the spacers so we can have a reference thread even tho it didn't get built :-( as it might be of use for someone one day , or if ck can't sell the arm before I decide to have it :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: No drawing but I have the newly made plates in the car I will take a picture of later and measure tomorrow and up date this post .
While ck is at mine tomorrow I'm going to finish off all the measurements for all the spacers so we can have a reference thread even tho it didn't get built :-( as it might be of use for someone one day , or if ck can't sell the arm before I decide to have it :lol:
Thanks Lloydie, that's a great idea, as you say it could be useful for others later on :clap:

I'm not intending to be carrying out this MOD anytime soon, but nice to have the info just in case. It's just annoying me where that drawing is, I'm sure I have it somewhere. The more I can't find it, the more I want to find it, if you know what I mean :)

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Newly made triangle to clear the swing arm . You can see the bit remove to give full suspension travel .Image
And the standard one
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 pm Newly made triangle to clear the swing arm . You can see the bit remove to give full suspension travel .Image
And the standard one
:oops: sorry I hadn't replied to your post sooner Lloydie, thanks for posting :thumbup:

Chris.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Only 5 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Flatline wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 pm Only 5 years :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: you know only too well, you can't rush a good job Phil :wink: :thumbup: :lol:

Chris.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Ouch😂😂
scubatricky

Post by scubatricky »

Are the three holes in the plate equal distance apart? I'm trying to make a new set of plates for my sssa conversion but am guessing at dimensions. If you could supply the measurements between each hole on the plate I can produce a drawing and store it for future.

I've almost finish the vtr project I'm working on, just need to powder coat the rear wheel and finish a bit of exhaust polishing after fettling the linkages on the shock.