standard calipers?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Steve6088

standard calipers?

Post by Steve6088 »

Was looking over photos of the track bike I broke for parts ages ago. Even though I have sold them, I have started worrying that maybe the calipers and disks weren't off a standard firestorm and I have miss sold them. The rear caliper is black (with a different looking black master cylinder) and the front calipers are fitted to a cbr900 front end. I just presumed that they were standard firestorm parts at the time and sold them as so.

I get these really odd worrys occasionally which keep me awake at night. It is part this OCD I have.

Can anybody put me out of my worry and tell from the photo's if they are standard?

Thanks
lloydie

Re: standard calipers?

Post by lloydie »

The fronts were standard as was the rear caliper .
The rear disc was wavy and not standard
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

I thought I had read somewhere that both those bikes got stolen a while back?
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

lloydie wrote:The fronts were standard as was the rear caliper .
The rear disc was wavy and not standard

Okay, thanks a lot lloydie. :thumbup: So the front disks aren't cbr900 ones?
Jscobey wrote:I thought I had read somewhere that both those bikes got stolen a while back?
They were, but the track bike was recovered. so I broke it and sold all the parts. Shame really as I planned on keeping it, but I didn't want to risk having it robbed again
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

No just storm discs tho they fit a few bikes even the cbr900 94-97
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Okay. So just to confirm. You reckon the front calipers and disks were standard firestorm parts? And the rear caliper was standard firestorm, but the rear disk was an after market wavey one??

Thanks lloydie