Brakes -'99my CBR 600f4 calipers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
budd

Brakes -'99my CBR 600f4 calipers

Post by budd »

I know that CBR 600 F4i calipers and M/C are an accepted ungrade for the Storm, but what about the calipers from a 1999 F4? I've been offered a ratty example at silly money, the engine is sweet as a nut but the plastics are rough so if I buy it I'll need to decider whether to break it or tart it up and sell it on, but I was thinking if the front brakes are an improvement over the Storms I could simply swap them over regardless of what I decide to do with it.
Last edited by budd on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
lloydie

Re: Brakes -'99my CBR 600f4 calipers

Post by lloydie »

yep the calipers and master cylinder off a f4 is still an up grade
budd

Post by budd »

lloydie wrote:yep the calipers and master cylinder off a f4 is still an up grade
cool I can just swap the lot over and stick the VTR gear on the CBR :thumbup: I take it I just need to relieve the caliper to clear the lug on the VTR forks?
are the F4 kit (M/C -calipers ) and the F4i the exact same parts thern?

BTW is there anything else worth pinching off the CBR while I'm at it? rear shock maybe?
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

budd wrote:
lloydie wrote:yep the calipers and master cylinder off a f4 is still an up grade
cool I can just swap the lot over and stick the VTR gear on the CBR :thumbup: I take it I just need to relieve the caliper to clear the lug on the VTR forks?

BTW is there anything else worth pinching off the CBR while I'm at it? rear shock maybe?
Shock won't fit without modifications- sorry.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
budd

Post by budd »

tony.mon wrote:
budd wrote:

Shock won't fit without modifications- sorry.

there's a guy in the States DMr who does the mods so the F4 damper fits the VTR, what exactly needs to be modded is there anyone in the UK offering a similar service?
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

You will have to mod the calipers, I think to fit the storm
budd

Post by budd »

carmanbikes wrote:You will have to mod the calipers, I think to fit the storm
yeah it's just a bit of fettleing with the die grinder I know about that :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I trimmed the fork mounting points rather that the caliprs, just personal choice, you only need to trim a couple of mm's off so it's not a major mod, I used a dremmel, it took about 10 minutes to do..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

agentpineapple wrote:
I trimmed the fork mounting points rather that the caliprs, just personal choice, you only need to trim a couple of mm's off so it's not a major mod, I used a dremmel, it took about 10 minutes to do..... :thumbup:
+1, better choice

budd

Post by budd »

I have selection of power tools / die grinders / files etc so trimming a couple of mm off either the caliper or the fork lug (or a bit off both) won't be a problem. :D