irwin tools

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
agentpineapple

irwin tools

Post by agentpineapple »

does anyone here own or use Irwin T-bars?
l'm looking for a budget priced set of allen/T-bars, I don't want the non branded ones, had them in the past, and they break to easily, I could go for Bergen, nielson, toolzone, silverline and so on, but the firm Irwin I know nothing about, of course there are better brands out there, but as I said i'm on a budget and I doubt the T-bars will be seeing that much action.
the only downside I've seen so far, is that the Irwin T-bars don't come with a case, has anyone got any info on Irwin tools, or any suggestion for sub £30 T-bars.....
I won't be buying them just yet as I've other priorities, but any and all info is welcomed...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
adyf

Re: irwin tools

Post by adyf »

Hi buddy I have a set of the t -bar Allen keys and am very happy with them for the money,so you know I'm a carpenter and use quite a lot of Irwin stuff professionaly day to day and have never been dissatisfied with the make.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

adyf wrote:Hi buddy I have a set of the t -bar Allen keys and am very happy with them for the money,so you know I'm a carpenter and use quite a lot of Irwin stuff professionaly day to day and have never been dissatisfied with the make.
cheers ady that's good to know............. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hi,

Spotted a Silverline set for £6.49, eBay item number: 131317060411

Should be ok & a lifetime guarantee :thumbup:

The cheapest Irwin set I could find are £11.99, eBay item number: 350892331621

Sealey too £11.99, eBay item number: 370479373070

Draper also, £23.24, eBay item number: 380444719733

Just make sure you use quality Allen keys for those thread locked or seized ones.

Just trying to help you bag that Christmas stocking filler..... :beer:
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

I use irwin tools every day .
Good quality .never had an issue with them
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Here we go...

Irwin Industrial Tools is an American manufacturer and distributor of hand tools and power tool accessories. It is a subsidiary of Newell Rubbermaid. It is most well known for producing Vise-Grip locking pliers. Additionally, it produces clamps, drill bits, saw blades, pipe wrenches, screwdrivers, snips, and other construction tools.

History

Irwin was founded in 1885 in Martinsville, Ohio as the Irwin Auger Bit Company by Charles Irwin, a pharmacist. Irwin had bought the rights to a solid-centre auger bit from a local blacksmith.

In 1924, another blacksmith, Danish immigrant William Petersen of DeWitt, Nebraska, invented the first locking pliers and named them Vise-Grips. In 1934, Petersen formed the Petersen Manufacturing Company to produce them. In 1957, Petersen added an easy-release trigger to the design, creating the modern locking pliers design.

In 1985, the Petersen family formed American Tool Companies and bought out Petersen Manufacturing. In 1993, American acquired the Irwin Tool Company, and in 2002, Newell Rubbermaid acquired American. In 2003, the company officially changed its name to Irwin Industrial Tool Company.

In 2008, Irwin announced the closing of its DeWitt, Nebraska plant, ending 80 years of American production for Vise-Grips, citing a necessity to move production to China "to keep the Vise-Grip name competitive."

In 2010, Irwin closed the customer service office in Wilmington, OH and moved the customer service department to Huntersville, NC.

Woohoo..... :beer:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

WooHoo indeed!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Being a tight git, I bought a set of Aldis allen/hex tbars, in a case last year. never, touch wood, rounded a head yet.
use them weekly and never had any problems.

food for thought!
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time