Cylinder heads - interchangeable???

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
BrianC

Cylinder heads - interchangeable???

Post by BrianC »

Interesting question here - is it possible to modify a rear head to be a front one ?

Is it as simple as blanking off the hole for the rear cct adjuster and opening up the blanked one? If that makes sense !!!!!

Brian
MacV2

Re: Cylinder heads - interchangeable???

Post by MacV2 »

BrianC wrote:Interesting question here - is it possible to modify a rear head to be a front one ?

Is it as simple as blanking off the hole for the rear cct adjuster and opening up the blanked one? If that makes sense !!!!!

Brian
Sort of but you'd need a milling machine to do it...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Is that to mill out the blanked cct orifice?

Reason i ask is that the spare engine i picked up today looks like this has been done

Would photos help ?

Brian
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

I believe rob dehoo http://www.exausist.com has done one of these. Maybe check with him for details :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BrianC wrote:Is that to mill out the blanked cct orifice?

Reason i ask is that the spare engine i picked up today looks like this has been done

Would photos help ?

Brian
Yes exactly to mill out the blanked CCT orifice.

A photo could help, but seeing as the original CCT orifice would need to be blanked off, can you not determine from that if it has been done to your spare engine or not :?:

Chris.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Hia chris

Yes the original has been blanked so it looks like a rear has been used - which is no prob

Brian
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

BrianC wrote:Yes the original has been blanked so it looks like a rear has been used - which is no prob
Hi Brian, Sounds good, have you any photo's?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:
VTRDaz

Post by VTRDaz »

Think my recently aquired vtr has had a rear head on't front too? I've got a spare engine and the front head on it had no blanking cover over what would be the tensioner hole should it be on the rear, but the engine in the bike has been blanked....... 8O It has had the manual tensioners etc done years ago as I've receipt from the work being done, but no bill for a head ?? I did wonder why it was different, Oh I dunno, I'm not going to worry and just going to use it :thumbup: