BEYOND STRANGE

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

BEYOND STRANGE

Post by fabiostar »

well now heres one iv never seen...when i start the bike,which is still running rich :confused but starting fine at least.when i rev it i have two rev counters? the rev counter and the speedo both think the same lol.. wtf :D

anybody ever seen that before?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Re: BEYOND STRANGE

Post by VTRDark »

That is a weird one and combined with your other posts ie carb , fuelling issues makes me wonder if the problem is more electrical ecu / wiring related. Might be worth doing a quick swapsies to rule it out but change you petcock first which you broke.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote:That is a weird one and combined with your other posts ie carb , fuelling issues makes me wonder if the problem is more electrical ecu / wiring related. Might be worth doing a quick swapsies to rule it out but change you petcock first which you broke.
yeah petcock on its way. teething problems thats all, fingers crossed. iv tried the ecu and other gubbins of the yellow one and it doesnt seem to change so thats rulled those bits out. the rich running just means carbs of again to get at the pilot screws. but the two rev counters thats a first .
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

one thing that is differnt, the bike had a we black box on it connected by two block connecters from the main loom to the back of the clocks? i assume a speedo healer of some sorts as it had KPH clocks on it when i bought it, but connecting it up or leaving in out also makes no difference.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

The speedo must be picking up Tacho pulses from somewhere. Check all the wiring around the back of the clocks and make sure nothing is shorting across. If thats okay start flexing the looms between the clocks and the flywheel sensor. If not, there might be an earthing problem somewhere.
Not much help, I know, these type of gremlins can be a pain in the wotsit to track down. :evil:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Yep, definitely sounds like the black boxes. Grrrr those black boxes..

I'll take them off your hands Fabio, no worries :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote:The speedo must be picking up Tacho pulses from somewhere. Check all the wiring around the back of the clocks and make sure nothing is shorting across. If thats okay start flexing the looms between the clocks and the flywheel sensor. If not, there might be an earthing problem somewhere.
Not much help, I know, these type of gremlins can be a pain in the wotsit to track down. :evil:
cheers pete. iv never seen anything like.. i tried the clocks back on it but both sets are doing it :o ...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Varastorm wrote:Yep, definitely sounds like the black boxes. Grrrr those black boxes..

I'll take them off your hands Fabio, no worries :lol:
lol god dam electrics i hate them. :confused
podman

Post by podman »

I had a very strange electrical problem earlier this year with my GSXR1000, id done around 60miles on it on a ride out with my good lady, stopped for a break and when i came back out to it, it wouldnt start but the tacho and speedo went haywire when the starter button was pressed, depending on what was on or off(ie kill switch, sidestand up/down etc) it did any number of random electricalthings...but would not start..

I called my local Suzuki dealer mechanic for some advice , none of which worked, all fuses checked out A OK, so I had to have it recovered, as luck would have it, the dealer had the same model of GSXR1000 in the showroom at the same time, so they spend 2 days swapping ECU, clocks, front (clocks)loom, all the earths etc etc...all the expensive items back and forth with no joy...They then advised the fault must be in the loom, so I tried getting another but as luck would have it, all the looms on offer where in poor condition, so I didnt buy them.

[url]Image

At that point I thought Id try and auto electrician.

Who 2 days later rang me and had diagnosed............a faulty cell in the battery.!..It gave 12.5 volts on meter, as the Suzuki boys tested , but as soon as a load was put on it by the ignition, the faulty cell failed.

The main dealer had overthought the problem and went delving into the black boxes, according to the auto electrician, he see 2 or 3 bikes a month that have had expensive ECU swaps etc that are either earth, battery or mechanical faults , one chap had changed everything on his R6 at a cost of nearly £2,000 and then gave up, the electrician diagnosed a broken T piece from the airbox breather, costing 15 pence....

Basiclly, im saying start small before you start considering ECUs etc..and check the battery is totally A1 !
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

when I read the title I was assuming you were going to be telling us about your private life :shh: :wave:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

AMCQ46 wrote:when I read the title I was assuming you were going to be telling us about your private life :shh: :wave:
Funny that Al, when I read the title I assumed it was a comment on why anyone would spend their hard earned cash on a yellow bike! :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its the bloody red one :D . and my private life scares even me lol.

its a bit weird but had a look and cant find anything thats loose,broken.etc so il come back to it at a later date.(that means i hope it fixes itself)..

back to carbs :eek2 . im back to the pilots and have them at just over one turn out and still rich? even with the airfilter removed so il maybe try swapping carbs over just to check...oooh its gona be a long winter in the cave.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

How do you recognize it is rich?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stephan wrote:How do you recognize it is rich?
'Coz it's emptied his wallet... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

R/R on the way out?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts