Any Auto Electricians on here, Help needed.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
cheekykev

Any Auto Electricians on here, Help needed.

Post by cheekykev »

Need a bit of help, I'm thinking of building a custom headlight for my winter project FireStorm, no point going into great detail at this point, but basically my idea is to fit 2 small headlights which will have H4 12v 60/55w bulbs in them, can I just wire these straight into the existing headlamp wiring, or will I have to do some mods to it, If so what will I have to do ?
On the face of it, I'm thinking that the existing wiring, relay, or both will not be up to it to run 2 times H4 12v 60/55w bulbs.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Re: Any Auto Electricians on here, Help needed.

Post by AMCQ46 »

I would use a relay kit from EasterBeaver they would be able to do a version for dual headlight

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wirin ... _kits.html
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

cheekykev wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 pm Need a bit of help, I'm thinking of building a custom headlight for my winter project FireStorm, no point going into great detail at this point, but basically my idea is to fit 2 small headlights which will have H4 12v 60/55w bulbs in them, can I just wire these straight into the existing headlamp wiring, or will I have to do some mods to it, If so what will I have to do ?
On the face of it, I'm thinking that the existing wiring, relay, or both will not be up to it to run 2 times H4 12v 60/55w bulbs.
You've not just contacted me on fleabay about a headlight have you mate?
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

freeridenick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm You've not just contacted me on fleabay about a headlight have you mate?
YES
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost