Engine rebuild - cylinder re-sleeve

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Ace VenTRa

Re: Engine rebuild - cylinder re-sleeve

Post by Ace VenTRa »

OK, sounds good, I guess if Roger says so then it must be at least accurate. Do you know of any other members running 1mm OS with stock sleeves?

Thanks again

AV
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Not awared of any, most of the folks used std bore without machining the new one. I chose the same 98.5 like you just in case I would need the new 99mm in the future, which seems to be your case now.
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

Ace VenTRa wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:24 pm OK, sounds good, I guess if Roger says so then it must be at least accurate. Do you know of any other members running 1mm OS with stock sleeves?

Thanks again

AV
I would say that stock sleeves are very very thin at 99mm.. But it is probably possible.
To re-sleeve was not an easy process..very tough to find someone with a machine capable of boring this block due to the geometry of it. They do not press out, they have to be bored out as they are cast into the block. (As shown in picture)

I had my sleeve made at advanced sleeve in the USA. They made me a high quality ductile iron sleeve for an extremely reasonable price.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I am running 99s in stock sleeves and so far so good. FWIW, there was a 99mm (Cosworth) piston kit offered on the Japanese Webike site for a long time (not sure if they're still being offered, though) and came across a few Japanese VTR owners who used them in my many Google searches.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express