Quickshifter arrived

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
uk13iker

Re: Quickshifter arrived

Post by uk13iker »

Have you managed to fit this yet? I’m going to be ordering one next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

no, still winter here, bike is hibernating under a tarp...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
budd

Post by budd »

mik_str wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:02 am
It can be done, but the engineering (mostly time and money) required IMO make it a still birth. Best to sell the SP and get a bike so-equipped if you really want an auto-blipper. Of course, the satisfaction of getting such a system up and running (on your SP) would be priceless but what a task!
the New fireblade as an auto blipper and it's apparently what caused Mcpints crash last year at the NW200, anything that can override your throttle as got to be treated with caution, I think the best 'fly by wire' involves a throttle cable !!
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

budd wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 pm
the New fireblade as an auto blipper and it's apparently what caused Mcpints crash last year at the NW200, anything that can override your throttle as got to be treated with caution, I think the best 'fly by wire' involves a throttle cable !!
:clap: :thumbup:

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The quickshift upshift is nice but only replicates a quick dip of the throttle. Something that's easy to do and generally needed when your right hand is not otherwise occupied.

The auto-blip downshift is another thing entirely. You come hooning into a corner, hard on the brakes and needing to shift down two or three. Cue brake and throttle action on the right and clutch action on the left. Busy busy. With the auto downshift the only thing the right hand is doing is braking, left hand doing nothing, left foot tap tap tap. Wonderously wonderful.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)