radiator relocation with SP1 fairing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Twinisin

radiator relocation with SP1 fairing

Post by Twinisin »

Hey y'all. I am planning on putting on SP1 fairings on my superhawk. My concern is not the brackets lining up but the radiators don't quite fit into the fairings. They sit too low. It is possible that I got a wrong set of fairings which came off RC51. I wouldn't mind relocating the radiators anyways, especially since I have GSXR forks and tripples on it and the lower tripple is hitting the radiator hoses at the radiators. I thought of running it naked but I am not sure if there would be sufficient air flow to cool the radiators that are on the side. Anyone ran two fans? I don't have the instrument panel so I cannot tell how hot it runs. Cheers
tony.mon

Re: radiator relocation with SP1 fairing

Post by tony.mon »

Naked works fine, but if running too hot you can simply run a four-row oil cooler instead of the Storm one.

If you have the SP fairings, simply relocate the rads; just make some new brackets.
Replacement forks and yokes frequently mean that the hoses restrict full angles on the bars, but if you aren't careful you end up with the bars trapping your fingers against the tank.

So maybe the best choice is to grind off the locksteps and drill for a couple of Allen cap heads, you can vary the stops by using a stack of washers on each cap head.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Twinisin

Post by Twinisin »

I'm glad this has happened before to someone else. I just bought the bike and although it is a brilliant design, I've got my work cut out for a few days. Just realized I have bent shift forks. Thanks for the tips.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bent gear selector forks are a bigger problem as the crankcases need to be split to replace them.
It's a engine out job.
:?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Twinisin

Post by Twinisin »

gear selector, I think its the same thing, in Florida we call them shift forks. Tempted to put in a spare motor in so I can take my time and rebuild the one I'm draining the life out of.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/m ... post264275

or this very noice Swedish take of a VTR

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

that red and black one looks lovely :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 am that red and black one looks lovely :clap:

Being really piccy/anal/OCD the decals dont line up... Just looks a bit odd to me...

But then what do you know about decals Fabio ? :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Twinisin

Post by Twinisin »

Lovely, but not very manly. The blue one focuses more on the owner/rider. Can't wait to post mine but it will be a little while since I'm stripping it completely and redoing it. At least I got to ride it for almost 50 klicks.