Anyone using EnKei rims?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Twinisin

Anyone using EnKei rims?

Post by Twinisin »

I have them on my ‘03 and the 45mm rotor is worn out. I’m searching everywhere to find a replacement.
Stephan

Re: Anyone using EnKei rims?

Post by Stephan »

everyone with few exceptions, it is oem part.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Twinisin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm I have them on my ‘03 and the 45mm rotor is worn out. I’m searching everywhere to find a replacement.
45mm rotor ? Ahh are you working on a miniature replica of a VTR1000F

enkei three spoke is the stock wheel...so the rotors are an OEM part, or after,market from an number of manufacturers ..
But in any case, neither front or rear rotor is 45mm
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Twinisin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm I have them on my ‘03 and the 45mm rotor is worn out. I’m searching everywhere to find a replacement.
Did you miss the point, as in 4.5mm disc thickness :?:

Chris.
Twinisin

Post by Twinisin »

:lol: I just saw that. The problem I'm running into is that its a 5 bolt instead of 4. Previous owner just ran it until there wasn't much left to run. I'm thinking of dumping the set for practicality. I cannot find any info on line about these rims. Supposedly the front end came off a GSXR and bearings were ordered to fit the conversion for the tripple trees and the rear axle, but I cannot confirm any of this after hours of looking it up.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Re bearings, you can just take the old ones to a bearing supplier and they will match them up, or if you can see the codes on the old ones just order the same.

With the disc, I'd be tempted to head for a breaker to see what they have that fits.
At least they will tell you what bike their one came off so you could order a new one if you preferred.

If that's not practical take it to a suzuki main dealer and they can match it up.
Is there a part number on the disc.? If so you can look up the part and see what models it was originally fitted to.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Unless you can contact the PO to find out what he cobbled together on your bitsa - best measure what you've got and look here / contact this firm. (or similar wherever you are located as I suspect you're not in the UK)

http://www.allbikeengineering.co.uk/fit ... _guide.pdf

http://www.allbikeengineering.co.uk/discs.php
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts