New chain & Sprockets

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DazB

Re: New chain & Sprockets

Post by DazB »

CONCLUSION at last!

Again, I was up early today and made the best of an impromptu day off work, I bought a new Afam front sprocket locally and fitted it. The joy! The tight spots has gone, other then a one very slight one from the rear sprocket, which I adjusted and now happy with the chain slack. just need to run it in now. :D

Im so pleased Ive sorted it, and a little disappointed about the Renthal front sprocket. I'm just about to give the dealer i got it from a call, and see if they have had other people with the same problem.

Thanks to you all for help and advice. Its been a busy week and ive learnt loads, despite the worry it was kinda fun. :biggrin

Happy Daz :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good investigative work... deffo send sprocket back
AMcQ
DazB

Post by DazB »

Had a chat with the guys i got it from, and told them about my findings. They was equally surprised as i was about the front sprocket, and not had any reports of the same problem from Renthal sprockets. After a chat about what i had done they was happy to refund me the new sprocket. They seem like good honest people, very happy with there customer service. :D

Ive used this online shop since i came back to bikes last year and bought loads of kit off them, including the wrong size winter kit, which was not a problem to swop. The kinda service you expect from an online shop, but often never get, if you know what i mean? Top lads. I highly recommend them.

Though I'm not sure i can say who they are, Im not sure if it against the rules? Ive not read all the forum rules! sorry! :oops:

Anyway, jods a good'un. :thumbup:
DazB

Post by DazB »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:27 pm good investigative work... deffo send sprocket back

They didn't want it back. they're going to talk to Renthal (I don't know if they really will or not), Ive said, it's here if they need me to send it back. They have my details.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It'd be handy if you can measure and ID the defect with the symmetry of the sprocket - must be quite apparent to have an effect on the chain's tension.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
DazB

Post by DazB »

Wicky wrote:It'd be handy if you can measure and ID the defect with the symmetry of the sprocket - must be quite apparent to have an effect on the chain's tension.
It was a big effect on tension, but I was unable to measure any discrepancies with the tools I have. It is very odd! The fact a new sprocket sorted it is good enough for me. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Glad you got it sorted fella

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It wasn't one of those with the quietening discs fitted, was it?
And yes, you can name the supplier, it wasn't their fault, and they've behaved well.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done on sorting it mate. Sounds like the suppliers looked after you well, credit to them :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
DazB

Post by DazB »

Thanks.
tony.mon wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:32 pm It wasn't one of those with the quietening discs fitted, was it?
No mate, it was a standard one.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

DazB wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:35 am CONCLUSION at last!

Again, I was up early today and made the best of an impromptu day off work, I bought a new Afam front sprocket locally and fitted it. The joy! The tight spots has gone, other then a one very slight one from the rear sprocket, which I adjusted and now happy with the chain slack. just need to run it in now. :D

Im so pleased Ive sorted it, and a little disappointed about the Renthal front sprocket. I'm just about to give the dealer i got it from a call, and see if they have had other people with the same problem.

Thanks to you all for help and advice. Its been a busy week and ive learnt loads, despite the worry it was kinda fun. :biggrin

Happy Daz :D
Excellent news Daz :thumbup:
I'm pleased it was the front sprocket as you thought, I can imagine your joy when you fitted the replacement and the problem was no longer there :D

Chris.
DazB

Post by DazB »

I was over the moon Chris.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

DazB wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:50 pm I was over the moon Chris. Image