What's this for and a few questions

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
mags@port

What's this for and a few questions

Post by mags@port »

Hello all,
In the process of changing a few things on my VTR, started rubbing down panels and other bits and pieces. But upon stripping the back seat, noticed this metal bracket?, have no idea what it's for or why. Is there something missing like passenger seat bracket?.
Bracket from back
Bracket from back
Bracket from back
Bracket from back
The attachment image.jpeg is no longer available

1) what is the standard height from the top of the forks to top of the yoke holding the ignition, as I have now risers attached, but need height before I start dialling in the handling once on road.

2) Is there anyone on here making seat covers? As need new one, maybe leather.

3) also anyone have right side brake and foot rest hanger laying around which they don't need?.

Ta
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
fabiostar

Re: What's this for and a few questions

Post by fabiostar »

bracket looks like its a mount for a renntec grab rail or rack..

i got a seat cover on ebay with vtr embossed into it for £45.

sorry i dont have storm forks in my storms :eek2 .

stormyrob or mac might have footrests, i just sold my spare R/H one
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Don't get a leather seat, they're too slippery.
I had an old trident back in the day, leather seat, I polished it up and it looked lovely and shiny.
First traffic light gp, bike took off, I stayed when I was, and ended up with my fingertips on the bars at full stretch looking like Rollie Free....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:44 pm bracket looks like its a mount for a renntec grab rail or rack..

i got a seat cover on ebay with vtr embossed into it for £45.

sorry i dont have storm forks in my storms :eek2 .

stormyrob or mac might have footrests, i just sold my spare R/H one
I dont think thats a renntec rack mount...They are square for starters, dont have the welds & are a lot closer to the std square mount plate in fact they bolt to that...

Don't think I have a footrest hanger. I had a bare one no levers ect. Dug it out cos someone wanted one & it was snapped at the footrest mount...so fubar.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I have a right footrest but some fella was involved in a crash a few days ago and needs one as well as a few other things. Giving him some time to raise some funds but if he cant then its yours.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Noted Tony, leather not good then will look for normal replacement. Cheers stormy rob, let me know. Will keep an eye on flebay also.

Well that bracket will be handy then as will get carrier later in the year.

Thanks
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There's always alcantara or whatever it's called, it's a sort of suede but I think it's waterproof.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mmmm sexy bunn

One-off MV Agusta F3 800 Oscura Alcantara seat

Alcnantara > Used in SpaceX crewed spacecraft

Ducati Leather and alcantara Seat
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTR3545

Post by VTR3545 »

As MacV2 states..its deffo not a rentec grab rail bracket

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mags@port

Post by mags@port »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:56 pm I have a right footrest but some fella was involved in a crash a few days ago and needs one as well as a few other things. Giving him some time to raise some funds but if he cant then its yours.
Yes please, if available. Can't pm you as not enough posts. Give details to grumpy frog if poss? And I will square him up. Ta