Carb Problem

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
carmanbikes

Carb Problem

Post by carmanbikes »

Hello everyone hope you are all well :D
I have just rebuilt and rejetted the carbs, when I have put them back on I have got fuel pouring from the hose which goes inbetween the carbs one from each carb and they have a rubber band around them, I have been told to let them hang down but fuel pouring from the front one, would anyone know why, Tia :thumbup:
popkat

Re: Carb Problem

Post by popkat »

Your floats are stuck open, they are overflow pipes, if the float bowl gets full it will come out.

Off with the carbs again and clean out the needle valve and their seats. if you can bench test them with some fuel before putting them back on, try and hold them at the angle they'll be on the bike, if they don't leak they are ok to put back on.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Chris58

Re: Carb Problem

Post by Chris58 »

popkat wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:21 pm Your floats are stuck open, they are overflow pipes, if the float bowl gets full it will come out.

Off with the carbs again and clean out the needle valve and their seats. if you can bench test them with some fuel before putting them back on, try and hold them at the angle they'll be on the bike, if they don't leak they are ok to put back on.

+1 on that. You have a float/valve issue.