Indicators not working

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
baycat

Indicators not working

Post by baycat »

My flasher unit has 3 wires is this correct or should it be 2 storm is a 99 and has led bulbs
cheekykev

Re: Indicators not working

Post by cheekykev »

The original Honda flasher relay has 3 wires, I'm not a lover of Led indicators, so I'd just throw the Led ones away and put some proper ones on that firstly can be seen, and secondly in the event of a failure while you're out you can get bulbs from virtually anywhere.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

baycat wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:34 am My flasher unit has 3 wires is this correct or should it be 2 storm is a 99 and has led bulbs
2 pin for LED's, 3 pin is standard as it comes with normal bulbs... Although you can use inline resistors if you have a mix of bulbs & LED's...so say you have front normal indis but LED rears, you would keep the std relay but put resistors inline for the rears.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
baycat

Post by baycat »

any idea which wires go where and my flasher unit is a 3 pin led
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

baycat wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm any idea which wires go where and my flasher unit is a 3 pin led
The plug on the the loom will only go into the socket one way...or it should do as it shold have a little locking tang that fits into a corresponding loop on the relay.

A pic of it may help. :thumbup:
baycat

Post by baycat »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 pm
baycat wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm any idea which wires go where and my flasher unit is a 3 pin led
The plug on the the loom will only go into the socket one way...or it should do as it shold have a little locking tang that fits into a corresponding loop on the relay.

the plug on loom does not exist
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I've just had a look in the workshop manual and it looks like the green wire is earth/negative, the grey wire looks like it's switch live, switch on the handlebar, and the green and white wire looks like it's fused live.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

baycat wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 pm
MacV2 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 pm

the plug on loom does not exist
Ah well there's ya problem they will need to be conected to the loom to work... :crazy:
baycat

Post by baycat »

cheekykev wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm I've just had a look in the workshop manual and it looks like the green wire is earth/negative, the grey wire looks like it's switch live, switch on the handlebar, and the green and white wire looks like it's fused live.
good work Kev will check it out to morrow thanks