Ignitech Ignition map

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Chris58

Ignitech Ignition map

Post by Chris58 »

Are any of you folks running a Ignitech tcip4 sparker? If so did you change the advance much? any comparisons would be great!
I have just got to programming it... seems like the map they sent looks pretty conservative with the advance curve.

Heres a pic of the original settings... and one that I've modified the advance chart
Attachments
original map.png
map 1.png
Wicky

Re: Ignitech Ignition map

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you're running more advance it'll run hotter and the common solution is to fit a four row oil cooler from an SP1 or 2 which does the trick.
It's not a direct bolt-on.

You might also find that advancing in low rev fields will cause "carb farts" where the ignition ignites the charge but the blows back into the airbox as it's happening before the intake valve completely closes.
This can cause engine stalls, usually at tee junctions when people are watching.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

This is my map, tuned on dyno

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 am If you're running more advance it'll run hotter and the common solution is to fit a four row oil cooler from an SP1 or 2 which does the trick.

You might also find that advancing in low rev fields will cause "carb farts" where the ignition ignites the charge but the blows back into the airbox as it's happening before the intake valve completely closes.
This can cause engine stalls, usually at tee junctions when people are watching.
i have an sp 4 row oil cooler for sale if your interested, I've also got the fitments to help make the braided oil lines
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

agentpineapple wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:57 pm
tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:37 am If you're running more advance it'll run hotter and the common solution is to fit a four row oil cooler from an SP1 or 2 which does the trick.

i have an sp 4 row oil cooler for sale if your interested, I've also got the fitments to help make the braided oil lines
Marty, you have a PM
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

Stephan wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:54 pm This is my map, tuned on dyno

I notice your base advance is set to 5deg, I just read in 2 of those links from wicky that the vtr is measured at 15deg base advance. Did you get a chance to measure that ? Or did 5 work better when tuning?

Ive installed a Meth Injection system on it as well, it should keep things nice and cool. I never considerd the carb fart issue, maybe its better for me to back it off in the low revs, plus the meth doesn't kick in until above 3500rpm, so it may get hot cruizing.
I think ill keep my eyes open for one of those bigger coolers as well.. couldnt hurt
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

FWIW, I've been running a 4-row oil cooler for over ten years now and am happy with the results. If engine heat is an issue, try fitting one of these in your lower rad hose: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Modquad-Radiat ... lx&vxp=mtr

Had one like this for a long while now and it too helps...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

As far as engine heat with added advance, I personally haven't seen an issue.

Not saying it doesn't happen but one would think that I would be in a location where it should be very noticeable.
Summer is almost here and ambient air temps during the day usually run from 80f to 110f.

In these conditions I can swap between a stock ecu and a HRC ecu with no noticeable change in operating temp.
Now a fixed advancer might make more heat though I really don't see how adding a couple of degrees of advance can overload the cooling system.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Chris58: base advance here does nothing. When cdi get signal from tps and revs, it takes values from table and this base advance is not calculated here.
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

Stephan, I appreciate the explaination. I have a better understanding now.
Only makes sense to use your map as a starting point, since you've already dyno'd it.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

0-4 and 7-9 k rpm are fine in my map, and more advance in top end had no effect on power on dyno so there is no point to change it. Not sure about 4-7 where I stuggle a bit, but this is not problem of ignition, map here is probably ok as well.