Reserve sensor

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Red3446

Reserve sensor

Post by Red3446 »

Hallo everybody.
I've mounted a KOSO dashboard with the reserve light and I've the reserve sensor (only reserve sensor without fuel level, never used before, I tested it and it seems ok) but the light doesn't turn on when the sensor is dry.
Does anybody found similar behaviour? If yes, how can I solve it?

Thanks a lot. :wave: :wave:
Wicky

Re: Reserve sensor

Post by Wicky »

http://honda.talksmoto.com/is-anyone-is ... out-138506

viewtopic.php?t=21416#p217475
... Fitted a Koso RX2n a VFR800 fuel sender so i've got a fuel gauge, ... the readings are pretty good, full when full and when the last bar dissapears i've got 10-15 miles left
I think the bike will automatically stop, giving an indication it's dry... :wink:

Is there any clue in the gauge's installation manual?
Last edited by Wicky on Tue May 22, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'd be intrested to know the results with this one. Iv'e been thinking about a KOSO dash myself and after doing some research and reading the wiring diagrams I still havent worked out whether the RLOD on the KOSO works the same way as on the Storm or whether it requires a float and to also show fuel level. Does the light only come on once this gauge reaches a level, I don't know, but I have a horrible feeling that both the light and fuel level work in conjunction with each other in the same way a later Storm dash wont work with an early system.

I'm not sure if the circuitry inside the KOSO will allow one to run independently without the other. Logic would suggest they will as the DASH should be designed for various applications but I have my doubts.This is a question for KOSO because unless somone can get hold of the schematics for the dash then they are the only ones that will know for sure. Funningly enough a lot of aftermarket dash suppliers in their marketing are not very forthgiving with the smaller intricacies like this. All they want is a sale and to rake in the money.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Red3446

Post by Red3446 »

I get a better look to dashboard's instrution and there's written that the light is ON if the signal wire is connected to negative wire.....and now it's setted on positive. :think:
I'll try to invert wires.....and see what happens. :wink: :thumbup: