Integrated LED brake weirdness

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
CheifWiggam

Integrated LED brake weirdness

Post by CheifWiggam »

OK, grabbed one of those Chinese integrated LED taillight units and am having some weirdness - $30 inoright! FYI: Haven't wired the indicators as yet.

Issue: When applying front brake, the brake light doesn't 'turn on'. Use the rear brake all good. I pull LED out of bayonet then put back in - it works then at some stage it just stops working (still works on rear brake application). Piss of the whole unit and go back to stock - fine!

BUT if I plug a globe into the spare bayonet - hello world. Will test over the next couple of days and report back.

What are you supposed t do with the other bulb/bayonet? Is it just supposed to flap around for eternity or is something else supposed to be done ?
If you're not first your last
VTRDark

Re: Integrated LED brake weirdness

Post by VTRDark »

I'm confused. Usually the aftermarket LED tail lights especially the Chinese ones with intergrated indicators are dedicated LED's, not a bayonet which an aftermarket LED bulb can then be installed into as a replacement for a standard bulb. In fact I can't think of any aftermarket bayonet type tail lights with built in indicators.
==============================Enter the Darkside
CheifWiggam

Post by CheifWiggam »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am I'm confused. Usually the aftermarket LED tail lights especially the Chinese ones with intergrated indicators are dedicated LED's, not a bayonet which an aftermarket LED bulb can then be installed into as a replacement for a standard bulb. In fact I can't think of any aftermarket bayonet type tail lights with built in indicators.

NO, the bayonets are what the OEM bulbs plug into. Take the bulb out and plug LED 'brake' into the bayonet.

The bike has 2 bayonet fittings into which 2 bulbs push into. The LED uses one bayonet fitting with the other bayonet flapping around doing nothing.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Put a small plastic bag over the spare fitting, seal it up with a rubber band after spraying some WD40/ACF-50 over the bayonet to prevent corrosion and then cable tie it out the way or sumfink...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
CheifWiggam

Post by CheifWiggam »

-- Thx Wicky for your input but what to do with the spare bayonet isnt really my issue.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Try the other bayonet...

If no good...send the feker back.

BTW dont bother with the intergrated indis...MOT fail plus they are shite & dont show up very well...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...