Recommended MCCT in the UK?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Armortura

Recommended MCCT in the UK?

Post by Armortura »

Hi,

Had a search around on here, but couldn't find a recommended good quality MCCT.

Which are the best and available in the UK?

Thanks.
alanfjones1411

Re: Recommended MCCT in the UK?

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I have Kreiger cct's on my bike.Good fit come with gaskets and fitting instructions from " exhaustist.com"
or if you want the standard look a member on this forum converts the Honda cct's to manuals cue "bazza696"
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Have a look in the workshop knowledgebase.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

Brilliant, thank you!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Krieger, APE, Bazza and Ade Whitmarsh's CCT's > viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22720
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

Thanks Wicky.
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

I got a pair of these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3700386150

Not the cheapest but very well engineered.
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

jchesshyre wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 am I got a pair of these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3700386150

Thanks. They're cheaper than the Krieger ones at £83 (pair) + shipping. I've just enquired about the Krieger ones to see if they have them in stock. Not sure which ones to go for now :problem:

My local garage has said they'll fit them for £53. Seems too cheap to me as I understand it takes about 2.5 hrs to do.

Cheers.
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Armortura wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm
jchesshyre wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 am I got a pair of these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3700386150

Thanks. They're cheaper than the Krieger ones at £83 (pair) + shipping. I've just enquired about the Krieger ones to see if they have them in stock. Not sure which ones to go for now :problem:

My local garage has said they'll fit them for £53. Seems too cheap to me as I understand it takes about 2.5 hrs to do.

Cheers.
The handy thing about these ones I linked to are (a) the massive, toothed locknut (good for peace of mind at least) and (b) the integrated o-ring seals. Other than this they of course do exactly the same job as any other. Incidentally, I've not had to adjust mine since I fitted them 40,000 miles ago!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Armortura wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Cheers.
Make sure you provide them with the guide for correctly setting the timing for each cylinder to replace CCTs - or simply DIY using the guide.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Armortura

Post by Armortura »

Thanks jchesshyre and Wicky.

I fancy doing them myself but have never attempted anything like this before. I'm no mechanic, but I'm not a complete novice. I'd just hate to get it wrong, turn it over for the first and say goodbye to my engine.

I saw the guide on here and it looks VERY comprehensive. Really good of someone to take the time to go to that detail.

Cheers.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Anyone quoting only 53 pounds isn't going to it properly, theyll just unbolt and hope.
It is unsafe.
You need to take off the rear cam cover at least, but if you haven't done this before I'd recommend taking both covers off.
It's not difficult, just follow the guide to the letter and ask for help on here if you aren't sure.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Armortura

Post by Armortura »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 pm Anyone quoting only 53 pounds isn't going to it properly, theyll just unbolt and hope.
It is unsafe.
You need to take off the rear cam cover at least, but if you haven't done this before I'd recommend taking both covers off.
It's not difficult, just follow the guide to the letter and ask for help on here if you aren't sure.
I was expecting to be charged £100-150 for having them fitted, so I'm not comfortable with it.

I'm going to read the guide in detail then decide if I'm going to do it myself or not.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

About two thirds of the time it takes to do the job is simply the labour removing for access & putting back on fuel tank, airbox, cam covers, alternator inspection caps etc.

Even if you have to buy any tools you'll be quids up and have the satisfaction of a good job done and a more deeper experience of the bike's innards. Plus it's a good opportunity with the airbox off to fit a vaccum take off for easy carb balancing saving you even more money! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430

Important things to rememeber is when at the timing point at the stage of taking out the old CCT and installing the new MCCT is to cable tie the cam chain secure so it has no chance to hop, skip and jump if it wasn't at the right position. Take the time to read the guide a few times and ask any questions you're unsure about. And if you're really lucky you might find someone local (Popcat?) to help guide you for tea, biccies and bacon & clotted cream butties .

Armortura

Post by Armortura »

Wicky wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:14 pm About two thirds of the time it takes to do the job is simply the labour removing for access & putting back on fuel tank, airbox, cam covers, alternator inspection caps etc.

Even if you have to buy any tools you'll be quids up and have the satisfaction of a good job done and a more deeper experience of the bike's innards. Plus it's a good opportunity with the airbox off to fit a vaccum take off for easy carb balancing saving you even more money! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430

Important things to rememeber is when at the timing point at the stage of taking out the old CCT and installing the new MCCT is to cable tie the cam chain secure so it has no chance to hop, skip and jump if it wasn't at the right position. Take the time to read the guide a few times and ask any questions you're unsure about. And if you're really lucky you might find someone local (Popcat?) to help guide you for tea, biccies and bacon & clotted cream butties .
Ah great, stuff. Looking forward to getting this done now. Thanks for the good advice!