Does anyone have any experience with these fairing kits??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pendingfirestorm

Does anyone have any experience with these fairing kits??

Post by Pendingfirestorm »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABS-Fairing- ... Sw3ChbT~6Y

looks like great value compared to a respray??

Just wondered how easy it would be to fit?
Wicky

Re: Does anyone have any experience with these fairing kits??

Post by Wicky »

Have a search for opinions on Chinese bike fairings.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

some of these suppliers are great, some not so. its a bit hit and miss... :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pendingfirestorm

Post by Pendingfirestorm »

Got to be worth a punt at that money.

My paintwork is shocking so couldn’t make it any worse l?

Are the fairings easy to remove and replace?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pendingfirestorm wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:29 am Got to be worth a punt at that money.

My paintwork is shocking so couldn’t make it any worse l?

Are the fairings easy to remove and replace?
Unplug indis both sides...

Mirrors off 4x dome head nuts 10mm...

4x fairing bolts 2 each side 5mm allen bolts...

There should be two plastic trim clips on the lower inside fairing but often these are missing, sometimes replaced with cable ties... remove/cut.

Now stand in front of bike & pull the fairing towards you gently...hold with one hand & with the other reach round & disconect the headlight & side light...You can try to do this at the indi disconect stage but it's a bit tight & easier if you have a bit more room.

To refit reverse as above... get the head/side lights conected stand in front & push forward a bit of juggling to get the side parts to clear the rads, you need to pull the fairing 'open' hold forward with your belly & move hands down to the tops of the fairing & gently pry outwards.

Once your clear of the rads let it spring back, now line up the spigots on the headlight with the gromets on the fairing stay & push home.

Now pop the mirrors on...it should all line up... however if your fairing stay is out of true it may cause you issues...

I always get the mirrors on & loosely put the nuts on then put the fairing bolts in again get each bolt in but not tight...

Assuming its all lined up go back round tightning all the nuts/bolts... finally reconect your indis...

If the fairing stay is out of killter, use a rubber mallet to gently realign... get the faring well clear before any mallet action tho... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
longandlow

Post by longandlow »

I brought a set of Chinese panels for my NSR250 in movie star colours. The paint was not bad for the money. The plastic was thin compared with OE. The fit was OK, but not great, had to mess around a fair bit to get it to fit and it was not 100%. Also you end up paying a lot more for it by the time you add on the VAT and import duty.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I bought some replacement parts for my VFR800 after a lowside from Auctmarts on EBay. Good fit, a bit thinner than stock, great colour and finish, and a lot cheaper than a respsray. I did have to massage some mounting holes and have had a little distortion from exhaust pipe heat at the belly pan area, but otherwise I regarded this as money very well spent.

If you get the option, it is better to get parts that are injection moulded, rather than compression moulded, as the fit and thickness is likely to be better with the former.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150