When to change cam chain??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: When to change cam chain??

Post by sirch345 »

kvandahl wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 pm Hi,

I just changed to Kriegers and followed the detailed description that follows in the package from Rob (Exhautist). But in addition I removed the chain guard so I could measure the slack properly. The description says "fingerthight, turn engine one turn anti clock wise keep finger tightening while turning, and then back out 1/8 turn, but I choose 1/6 out, since 1/6 turn is much easier to be precise on and the slack will be 6-7mm. Here is how my slack was after 1/6 out on the rear (I did not open the front cover): https://photos.app.goo.gl/TcqSKr6CpkjKSsx89
With this my bike runs without rattle and no whining.

Only thing I did wrong was that I re-connected the vacum hose to the wrong tap on the petcock (use the one on the back of the petcock, not the one turning down like I did). I was not a good feeling to start up the bike after changing to MCCTs and not be able to rev the bike :oops:

Be careful when tightening the bolts to the cam cover and the bolts to the top cover.

BTW: Just did the TPS mod and adjusted it from 824 to 603 Ohms, and now it is like a new bike :D Perhaps I will remove the TPS again and file the brass spacers a bit more and hopefully get it down to 500 Ohms.
Well done :clap:

Nice video too :thumbup:

Chris.