LED H4 Hi Lo bulbs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
74eldiablo

LED H4 Hi Lo bulbs

Post by 74eldiablo »

As i'm going to be riding my bike to work mainly in the dark now i'm looking to replace the super gay rainbow effect bulb that someone had the audacity to grace a motorcycle with, i mean it a proper elton john / george michael affair and it has to go ASAP.

Has anyone fitted a LED H4 into the storm?? I know that not all LEDS are the same and i'm looking at the new generation of lumileds type of bulb with an alloy heatsink.

Whats the beam pattern like / recoomendations.

Cheers Amigo's
mik_str

Re: LED H4 Hi Lo bulbs

Post by mik_str »

Been running a kit from these guys (https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/) for a little over a year now, so far so good (whiter light, more of it). Plug n Play
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

74eldiablo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:30 pm As i'm going to be riding my bike to work mainly in the dark now i'm looking to replace the super gay rainbow effect bulb that someone had the audacity to grace a motorcycle with, i mean it a proper elton john / george michael affair and it has to go ASAP.

Has anyone fitted a LED H4 into the storm?? I know that not all LEDS are the same and i'm looking at the new generation of lumileds type of bulb with an alloy heatsink.

Whats the beam pattern like / recoomendations.

Cheers Amigo's
cyclops Version 10 bulb just came out https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/ ... p_192.html
and I will say it is a good improvement over the version 9... I have been running and installing these bulbs for about 7 years now, many dozens, never a failure.

They have GREAT light output, very nice high/ low beam differential, no nasty light spread, low wattage use and very long service life.
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
74eldiablo

Post by 74eldiablo »

whats the postal & import charges on these?

cheers
74eldiablo

LED H4 Hi Lo bulbs ** UPDATE**

Post by 74eldiablo »

Thanks for the replies regarding the LED bulbs, unfortunately I wasnt in a postion to drop £60 + import duty & VAT on a cyclops unit as suggested, but I managed to source a cheaper chinky one for £18 that is an excellent replacement for the crap one that was in it.

I can now see where i am going when i am going and leaving work.

Went out for a ride with with a few of my mates yesterday and they all commented on how bright it was, they all asked where i got it from and how much it was and that they were going to upgrade, so i think its fair to say that it was a genuinely good 1st upgrade to the bike for only a few quid.