Michelin tyres

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Michelin tyres

Post by Pete.L »

popkat wrote:
Pete.L wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:44 pm I’ve been thinking of trying the PR5s myself.
You are right, they do have sports rubber around the edges. The wet reports are really good too.
I was just worried they would be a big step backwards from the RR7 in the dry so I haven’t gone for them yet.
What’s the front end feel like in the dry? I normally ride the front quite hard and don’t want to give up the confidence I get with the 7’s. worth a punt in your opinion or not?

Pete.l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was only a 20 minute ride Pete, all i can say is they felt very confident straight away, I don't know what they're like when a bike is over on it's ear but they seemed very good, much different to the PR4,
Technically they are not a PR5 as they've dropped the "pilot" bit so it's just a "road 5" :wink:

I like the M7rr too, I would need a decent summer ride on the 5's to compare the two of them, I THINK the M7 is more sporty and offers more grip but the 5 may offer enough for fast road riding.

That’s what I was thinking too. On the other hand they might be a better winter/spring choice whilst the temperatures are down.
Especially as you reckon they warmed up quick that should also mean they will generate more heat and keep it longer.
I think I’m talking myself into giving them a go🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal