Quickshifter opinions (Healtech)?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
JMH1000UK

Quickshifter opinions (Healtech)?

Post by JMH1000UK »

Heya guys! Have the opportunity to get these cheap through work, I just want to know peoples opinions on them. Specifically the people who own one and use it on a regular basis..... the Healtech easy quickshifter

How do they perform?

I know they’re not the be all and end all, but having one for the fun of it would be awesome!

Thanks!
TaxiDriver

Re: Quickshifter opinions (Healtech)?

Post by TaxiDriver »

How about a group purchase........? :D
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Easy to install and works really well, download the app on your phone to set up also allows for adjustments. I’d say worth the money and sounds good popping on gear change did change down from 6th-5th without clutch by accident once and then read somewhere that you can do it with them from 6th-5th and 5th-4th but being a twin I wouldn’t like to go down like that without a slipper clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMH1000UK

Post by JMH1000UK »

TaxiDriver wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 am How about a group purchase........? :D
Could be an option....
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

started running one this year and it works quite well. I hardly use it, but it's there when I want it, and that's all that matters :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
JMH1000UK

Post by JMH1000UK »

uk13iker wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:57 am Easy to install and works really well, download the app on your phone to set up also allows for adjustments. I’d say worth the money and sounds good popping on gear change did change down from 6th-5th without clutch by accident once and then read somewhere that you can do it with them from 6th-5th and 5th-4th but being a twin I wouldn’t like to go down like that without a slipper clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome, thanks pal! I wouldn’t personally use it for downshifting, and 99% of the reason I want it is because of the up shifting pop. Time to order!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Never fitted one to the Storm but now I have one installed on the SP piggybacking from the PCV I wish I had done....
The gearbox should be fine for it, with decent ignition chop times, but as you say, ideally a Sigma would make it better still.

Or cut and space out the clutch cover and see if a slipper from a Blade or Blackbird, (if they have one) will fit the splines and primary gears. Otherwise, it's drilling out the rivets and mount that slipper onto the Storm primary.

Up only, the downshifts swill cause problems without a blipper- and they only work on FBW throttles..
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
JMH1000UK

Post by JMH1000UK »

Thanks tony, just the advice I needed.

I know the principle of an auto blipper and what’s required for them, this is purely for the smile factor...... sad I know!

Sp1 is definitely on my list of bikes to own!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thought I was quite slick at upshifting, then found out that a quick shifter is MUCH better at it than me... It'll save you half a second on a quarter.
And yes, it's fun with the pop and flames....especially as Storms run best a little rich.
JMH1000UK

Post by JMH1000UK »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:20 pm I thought I was quite slick at upshifting, then found out that a quick shifter is MUCH better at it than me... It'll save you half a second on a quarter.
And yes, it's fun with the pop and flames....especially as Storms run best a little rich.
Honestly, that’s all I care about. I’m not fussed about the bike being any quicker. Just the flames. Sad much?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

JMH1000UK wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am
tony.mon wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:20 pm I thought I was quite slick at upshifting, then found out that a quick shifter is MUCH better at it than me... It'll save you half a second on a quarter.
Honestly, that’s all I care about. I’m not fussed about the bike being any quicker. Just the flames. Sad much?

id love one for same reasons :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Exciting new developments on an old thread: you can now get a downshift blipper for older bikes with carbs and cable throttles.
IRC now make one, you can get it via HPS in the UK, adjustable shift times, but £750.....

Up and down shifts and yes, it will fit any bike, including Storms and SP's., all years.

You can find details by googling SG Race blipper
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 pm Exciting new developments on an old thread: you can now get a downshift blipper for older bikes with carbs and cable throttles.
IRC now make one, you can get it via HPS in the UK, adjustable shift times, but £750.....

Up and down shifts and yes, it will fit any bike, including Storms and SP's., all years.

You can find details by googling SG Race blipper
Very interesting. So for the price of a slipper clutch I can get a slipper clutch (ish) and a quick shifter. The only snag I can see is that the photo on the HPS site shows wiring for IL4 not V2. All the existing applications are IL4 too. I think I might drop them a message and see what's what.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Slipper clutch is a must, in my opinion; otherwise you will run the risk of rear wheel lockups on downshifts with a blipper fitted.
You will certainly need it with an SP or if you have high comp pistons fitted on a storm.