Poor cylinder running and cam timing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Commando77

Re: Poor cylinder running and cam timing

Post by Commando77 »

Can't wait, she's all dressed in red and ready for a ride, probably not the way and speeds some of you fellas travel at but I'll be pressing on in my own way. Even after 3000 miles with twice the power I've been used to I can't see how people handle 200 HP sport bikes. I know a guy who dumped his RSV cos it was too slow and now endurance races a zx10. He no longer rides on the road after too many close ones.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I bet you are excited to get out, although I'm sure you'll be giving your recently rebuilt VTR a run down first before flicking the go switch too hard, just to make sure everything is good.

I hope it all goes well for you :thumbup:

Chris.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Cheers, winters a long layoff for us fairweather types 😁.
I surely will break her in gently. Never split a horizontal case engine before but it all aligned well and sealed OK. I resisted using 3 bond sealer except where honda specified. No oil or water leaks so far and the gears select OK.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Commando77 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:29 pm Cheers, winters a long layoff for us fairweather types 😁.
I surely will break her in gently. Never split a horizontal case engine before but it all aligned well and sealed OK. I resisted using 3 bond sealer except where honda specified. No oil or water leaks so far and the gears select OK.
Good news, well done :clap:
A good reward for all your efforts :thumbup:

Chris.