End cans. Any quiet ones out there?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
KermitLeFrog

End cans. Any quiet ones out there?

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The Storm is gradually coming back together. Refurbed exhaust and OEM end cans have shiny new graphite gaskets but.... The OEM cans weigh a ton.

Is it possible to find lighter ones that are not a great deal noisier? I like the sound level of the OEM cans. Perhaps I could deal with something a LITTLE louder but most of the aftermarket cans are too loud for me.

I'm guessing the answer is no. The sheer bulk of the OEM stuff is why they are so quiet?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Re: End cans. Any quiet ones out there?

Post by fabiostar »

Remus cans can be pretty quiet or at least any iv heard have been
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

When I got Smerkin Joe the cans on it were Yoshi RS3s they have fixed baffles & are fairly quiet...

I have however just sold them to Gabbi as he like you was looking for something a bit quieter...

Just had a scan & they don't seem to still avaliable unfortunatly...

Failing that just get some cans & get PJ Enginnering baffles for them...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

IIRC the earlier Remus cans were not that loud, probably due to non removable baffles :wink:
Your biggest problem will probably be finding a pair, although you never know someone reading this may have a set in their man-cave :eh:

Chris.

PS. It looks like great minds think alike (Fabio) :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:17 pm IIRC the earlier Remus cans were not that loud, probably due to non removable baffles :wink:
Your biggest problem will probably be finding a pair, although you never know someone reading this may have a set in their man-cave :eh:

Chris.

PS. It looks like great minds think alike (Fabio) :thumbup:
Had a huge row with some t osser on Farcebarf last week he had a set of Remus cans described as 'mint' but with damage on... The silly feker wanted £400 for them...

Any how he took exception to my humorous post as per ''was that the I don't want to sell them price...'' They are still for sale last I looked he said he'd take 200...IIRC but still over priced with the damage...

He got ripped several new assholes over the price & not just by me...

Don't think he ever saw the funny side... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

In the scratch & dent section of Franks Acme Spares Corp there are a pair of unbranded cans which with a set of baffles in might do you...

They are rough & partly dismembered...IIRC the PO was going to stubbie them but gave up & sold the bike...Bananaman ?
Can1.jpg
Can3.jpg
Open to offers...£'s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Debaffle the std ones, it makes them lighter and a bit more fruity sounding, but not loud
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Do what I did and strip the complete inners out of the original ones, reassemble them with a 50mm perforated tube, pack with exhaust wadding, weld back.together, a lot of work but worth it, put a baffle in if you want, look great, sound great, you've seen and heard mine anyway,, cost about £50 to do and a massive weight saving.
Another option is to get a pair of Quill T3s, I have them on my other Storm, the T3s are road legal they sound nice, not too loud with or without baffles and are very light.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I've got stashed away in the back of my shed a pair of Micron cans that are road legal and sensible - got them for getting through MOT when they twitched at my usual NFRU Microns. As MOT was in winter and I was riding all year commuting kept them on till the spring when it was less hassle to swap em back round.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Remus high level GP system was good looking and sensible volume with nice sound
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Difference between full arrow system and oem cans and pipes was around 4 kg, and arrow cans were without baffles. It is remarkable difference, but not as big as one would think.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:26 pm Debaffle the std ones, it makes them lighter and a bit more fruity sounding, but not loud
Some clever cookie (not me) did this to the cans I have on my bike. They are straight through with perforated/wrapped baffles, and much lighter than stock, and IMHO not too loud.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. A bit to think about...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)