what the actual fuk

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
8541Hawk

Re: what the actual fuk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well at this point there might be an answer but that is all I will say right now..... :angel:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well today without touching it. apart from a glitch at 4k the god dam thing is flying, like proper sharp for some reason :lol: .

i have noticed just this last day or two, infact since its started running good, the petcock flows with vac applied and without? a new diaphram was fitted about two weeks ago..

so is this bike telling me it runs better with a petcock thats not right?. i had thought that but two other tanks i tried confirms its just a bollox and has now decided its going back to how its always run..go figure that :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:00 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:19 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm well strange things happen. i gave the carbs a hard stare, checked everything again and as it needed petrol i thought id limp it to the garage...

and for no other reason than its thursday the problem has changed a LOT.

first of tickover isnt just as smoth but pickup from low revs is back to normal.. i then go into a kinda flat dead zone with the odd splutter at 5k then like a 2 stroke it hits really hard at 6k and screams away as it used to.

contant throttle beloe 5 or over 6 seems pretty much normal. the backfires and popping has disapeared completly :eek2 :eek2

still a wee bit fluffy in the midrange when you close the throrrle and open it slowly, if you snap it open its fine. so something has changed, at least its ridable now. a wee bit hunty of throttle but. id say it was 90% better than its been of late.. god only knows, im not touching it and am gona do some miles just to see if anything changes, so its had a stay of execution for now if its keeps like this of gets better.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm afraid to say anything about this for fear of cursing it..............................................so I won't yet :angel:

Chris.
I'm also keeping quiet...or am I ???

:lol: :thumbup:

All joking aside, I can't see acupuncture helping Rob :wink: :lol:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm afraid to say anything about this for fear of cursing it..............................................so I won't yet :angel:

Chris.
I'm also keeping quiet...or am I ?

[/quote]

:lol: :thumbup:

All joking aside, I can't see acupuncture helping Rob :wink: :lol:

Chris.
[/quote]

It's the Voodoo that I do that screws you...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmfao, thats just about how iv felt for the last few weeks :lol: .

well its on remand at the min, one fecking false move and its curtains :eek2 :eek2
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

remand is over.. its slipping backwards again, new petcock,vac pipes, carbs balanced, not a jot of difference..

thats the Fooking last straw with it,, :Smash Computer: :Smash Computer:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

have you tried putting the tank from the yellow one on it? Apologizing if advance if you already have and stated as much
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv had 3 different tanks on it :D

well today at last i got something to make a difference to it..

figure this... the same jetting its always had. balanced the carbs again and thought il chuck a standard honda airfilter in to, so it will run rich and run like crap..

except upto 6 its back to normal. goes a bit cammy between 6 and 6.5 and then comes in really hard and howls away until i change gear, takes the next gear dead on, sits on a constant throttle as long as its not bang on 6k, at 6k on a contant trottle it maybe a tad fluffly but not so you would notice it if you hadnt ridden the bike before.

i run it for 40 miles and it stayed the same all evening..

it shouldnt run with that filter/jetting combo but it is.. and im not laying a hand on it,,

the b8stard :Argue 1: . all this for what? iv no idea but fingers crossed it is back on remand for now
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

What exactly was your running setup before? Filter, airbox mods, jetting.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

When was K&N airfilter last serviced - not over oiled or sumfink?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Glad it’s running better now mate, still a strange one to work out but it’s in your good books again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i tried the K&N oiled, dry,and everthing inbetween... this all started overnight without me touching it at the very start of the saga.

it has the same setup its always had, mori stacks, 190 mains front and back, 48 pilots, snorkel fitted to airbox, bottle inside and pipes removed, fuel screws 2 on the front and 2.5 on the rear....the very set up iv always used and on the dyno last year the fuel/air mix was 100% on the nail..

god knows but at least its running again for now :eek2
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Could it be that all the issues have been caused by a filter that was FUBAR.
Wonder if a new K&N would solve everything :angel:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:59 pm Could it be that all the issues have been caused by a filter that was FUBAR.
Wonder if a new K&N would solve everything :angel:
god knows.. one day it runs great for 100 miles, very next it doesnt? its strange that with a set of jets its always run,with the K&N, the only difference iv been able to make is fitting a standard filter? its going but its not the bike iv had under my ass for the last 2 years thats for sure...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

The only thing you haven't tried is a different K&N....... maybe a fine member can loan you one to try out as at this point what could it hurt......unless the bike decided to just not run again...... :p :angel: