what the actual fuk

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Kev L

Re: what the actual fuk

Post by Kev L »

I reckon it’s the short, soft organic thing on the end of the handlebars!! :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Kev L wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 pm I reckon it’s the short, soft organic thing on the end of the handlebars!! :wink:
There are supposed to be handlebar plugs, aren't they?
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

This is more a road side water in the gas, sh1t in the carb trick but it works occasionally.

Air-cleaner off, get a mate to hold it WOT, let it wind up and repeatedly stall it back to a dull roar with hands over ram tubes until it cleans up.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sorry lads iv been avoiding even thinking about it..

il try and find the old plugs for a picture but its on its 3rd set,
ecu changed twice.
carbs balanced aswell.
cant even remember the other stuff people suggested lol. but they have all been replaced or checked at least twice from parts i had sitting or parts from the yellow bike, also anything i took of the blue b8stard i tried on the yellow one and it always ran fine with the blue bits on it.

the options have been all worked through, i really have nothing left to change. even down to the entire loom but that proved useless aswell..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

It is an odd issue.... by chance while you had the cover off to swap out the pulse generator did you check to see if the star was still firmly bolted down?

besides that I can't think of anything you haven't swapped out. Though I would still try the voltage checks for the PG at the plug and ECU just to see what the signal actually is.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well strange things happen. i gave the carbs a hard stare, checked everything again and as it needed petrol i thought id limp it to the garage...

and for no other reason than its thursday the problem has changed a LOT.

first of tickover isnt just as smoth but pickup from low revs is back to normal.. i then go into a kinda flat dead zone with the odd splutter at 5k then like a 2 stroke it hits really hard at 6k and screams away as it used to.

contant throttle beloe 5 or over 6 seems pretty much normal. the backfires and popping has disapeared completly :eek2 :eek2

still a wee bit fluffy in the midrange when you close the throrrle and open it slowly, if you snap it open its fine. so something has changed, at least its ridable now. a wee bit hunty of throttle but. id say it was 90% better than its been of late.. god only knows, im not touching it and am gona do some miles just to see if anything changes, so its had a stay of execution for now if its keeps like this of gets better.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That’s weird but progress in a strange way. Hope you get to the cause fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:06 pm That’s weird but progress in a strange way. Hope you get to the cause fella Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lord only knows, im trying to think did i change anything from the last time but i dont think i did... if its keeps going at this rate it should have fixed itself by next thursday lol :clap:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

When you were swapping jetting did you ever pull the emulsion tubes?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Did you fill it up with diesel the previous tankful?
:think:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:17 am Did you fill it up with diesel the previous tankful?
:think:
You might be closer than you think Tony, it might of been crap fuel?

I heard :roll: a major supermarket had issues around my way a few years ago, many cars broken down 1/4 mile from the garage. Crap petrol was the culprit.

I don't think enough emphasis is placed on fuel. I remember my old Gsxr1100j slabber would power wheelie easily when running Shell optimax, not a hope with supermarket stuff.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

emulsion tubes i had pulled several times and always seemed clean and put back into there own carbs so nothing got mixed up..

the dirty petrol was my first thought when this happened but three different tanks from three different bikes made no change.

now you mention diesel lol.. last year i did infact fill the yellow bike to the brim with diesel :eek2 :eek2 DOH !!!! drained out what i could and refilled with petrol and it ran fine..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm well strange things happen. i gave the carbs a hard stare, checked everything again and as it needed petrol i thought id limp it to the garage...

first of tickover isnt just as smoth but pickup from low revs is back to normal.. i then go into a kinda flat dead zone with the odd splutter at 5k then like a 2 stroke it hits really hard at 6k and screams away as it used to.

contant throttle beloe 5 or over 6 seems pretty much normal. the backfires and popping has disapeared completly :eek2 :eek2

still a wee bit fluffy in the midrange when you close the throrrle and open it slowly, if you snap it open its fine. so something has changed, at least its ridable now. a wee bit hunty of throttle but. id say it was 90% better than its been of late.. god only knows, im not touching it and am gona do some miles just to see if anything changes, so its had a stay of execution for now if its keeps like this of gets better.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm afraid to say anything about this for fear of cursing it..............................................so I won't yet :angel:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Did you fill up all of the various tanks of fuel at the same place?
A standard storm will run degraded fuel, but a tuned one will complain.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:19 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm well strange things happen. i gave the carbs a hard stare, checked everything again and as it needed petrol i thought id limp it to the garage...

I'm afraid to say anything about this for fear of cursing it..............................................so I won't yet :angel:

Chris.
I'm also keeping quiet...or am I ???

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...