carb springs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

carb springs

Post by fabiostar »

after many days of fighting with these things. why the hell did honda see fit to make springs so long on the slides you could bungie jump from them?? do they really need to be eleventeen feet long :confused :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stephan

Re: carb springs

Post by Stephan »

Dynojet springs are breeze to work with, compared to honda springs, but they are softer. I have two sets of springs with the same lenght as dj springs. One is similar or slightly stiffer to oem, second is 20% stiffer than first one. I run stiffer on front and oem spec on rear, it is working well (finished carb settings this year for me).

I can pass two sets to you, postage seems low for this small items :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 am Dynojet springs are breeze to work with, compared to honda springs, but they are softer. I have two sets of springs with the same lenght as dj springs. One is similar or slightly stiffer to oem, second is 20% stiffer than first one. I run stiffer on front and oem spec on rear, it is working well (finished carb settings this year for me).

I can pass two sets to you, postage seems low for this small items :)
they are a proper pain to fit these Honda ones..iv done some more carb fiddling Stephen so i will see how it turns out and if i have to start again i will give you a shout about those springs :thumbup: :thumbup:
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

It's all about the technique. I've never had a problem refitting mine. Just carefully bunch them up inside the carb cover using your thumbs and forefingers to work it in a coil at a time, and then use both forefingers from above to keep it inside as you lower the lid on, then release it when it's as close to the slide hole as possible, using your forefingers to stop it popping out sideways.
Last edited by jchesshyre on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I found that right technique makes it easier too. Just press the spring into carb cover using phillips screwdriwer as guide, release 3 or 4 ridges off, mount spring to the slide, carefully release the spring, tighten the cover, check the operation, and its done.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol its like fighting with a slinky is right lol :lol: :lol: