fooking storms

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

fooking storms

Post by fabiostar »

yellow one runs fine, leave it for 4 days and hit the starter and nothing :redface .
fuses all good, all connections seem fine behind the clocks. main fuse ok. but engines not turning over unless i cross the starter solenoid ., no clicks from it mind you when i hit the starter button, new battery aswell full of charge.. also dont seem to be getting a spark.

this firestorm thing is wearing very fooking thin with me off late.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: fooking storms

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:27 pm yellow one runs fine, leave it for 4 days and hit the starter and nothing :redface .
fuses all good, all connections seem fine behind the clocks. main fuse ok. but engines not turning over unless i cross the starter solenoid ., no clicks from it mind you when i hit the starter button, new battery aswell full of charge.. also dont seem to be getting a spark.

Starter button thrown a wobbler ? Frank has a couple in stock, if you try your blue bikes one & thats the cause... Be happy to send one over...

Whole bike teaching you a lesson for selling it previously ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:33 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:27 pm yellow one runs fine, leave it for 4 days and hit the starter and nothing :redface .

Starter button thrown a wobbler ? Frank has a couple in stock, if you try your blue bikes one & thats the cause... Be happy to send one over...

Whole bike teaching you a lesson for selling it previously ?
god knows mac, i had a look but it seems fine, its been case into the corner , i dont have the stomach to work at these bikes anymore :thumbup: :thumbup: .
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv also lost my neutral light atm ?

so the easy fix atm is, sorn the fooker off the road, job jobbed :D
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Is it in gear? Have you checked side stand switch?
Hope you get it sorted soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:17 pm Is it in gear? Have you checked side stand switch?
Hope you get it sorted soon Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ay checked but cant see anything outa the normal.. for the time being its been chucked in the naughty corner..
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Duffy is on to it :thumbup:

I had the same issue yesterday & it was in gear :roll: I gave up as well, the rage was intense.

I was concentrating on the temp gauge at the time & knocked it into gear whilst goofing around.

Anyone know if they lose all its oil if the cooler pipes are removed whilst it's upright?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 pm Duffy is on to it :thumbup:

I had the same issue yesterday & it was in gear :roll: I gave up as well, the rage was intense.

I was concentrating on the temp gauge at the time & knocked it into gear whilst goofing around.

Anyone know if they lose all its oil if the cooler pipes are removed whilst it's upright?
iv checked by... kicking it a few times :clap: def not in gear...

as for the oil pipes i changed mine and lost a bit of oil but not a lot.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 pm
One is above the oil level and one is below the level when sitting upright :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Ok, thanks for the info on oil loss :thumbup: Cheers guys :D

Deffo in gear Fab, check again :wink:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well i got my nautral light back :thumbup: . after much cleaning of connections on the second attempt i shorted out the nautral switch and she fired up,, sometimes/always its the last thing you try so the old girl seems to be running the best again.. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:20 pm well i got my nautral light back :thumbup: . after much cleaning of connections on the second attempt i shorted out the nautral switch and she fired up,, sometimes/always its the last thing you try so the old girl seems to be running the best again.. :thumbup:
Good man, well done Rob :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:06 am
fabiostar wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:20 pm well i got my nautral light back :thumbup: . after much cleaning of connections on the second attempt i shorted out the nautral switch and she fired up,, sometimes/always its the last thing you try so the old girl seems to be running the best again.. :thumbup:
Good man, well done Rob :thumbup:

Chris.
at least the yellow ones sorted. the other one :eek2 . not even going there :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: