Jetting recommendations

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VT1000r

Jetting recommendations

Post by VT1000r »

I live at a little I've sea level about 500ft and don't have access to a air/fuel sensor all I have is the good ol butt dyno so I was wondering if anyone has good recommendations I can try my current set up is regular air box with k and n filter, factory pro jet kit with needle at 3rd clip 48 pilots and 185 front 188 rear, and delkelvic mufflers with baffles removed. Oh and also I have JE pistons 11.5 to 1 and fuel screw 2 turns front 2 1/2 in rear, "that last part sounds a little wrong".
tony.mon

Re: Jetting recommendations

Post by tony.mon »

What cans?
Sounds a little rich to me, I found smaller pilots and mains were better but then I also had larger inlet valves, an ignition advancer, and gas flowed the heads, so not directly comparable.

What do the plugs show?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VT1000r

Post by VT1000r »

tony.mon wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:48 am What cans?
Sounds a little rich to me, I found smaller pilots and mains were better but then I also had larger inlet valves, an ignition advancer, and gas flowed the heads, so not directly comparable.

What do the plugs show?
Plugs are black, what size jets are you running and your setup also your elevation and street address? Just kidding about the last part :D . Oh and I'm not sure what kind of delkelvics they are, they have sort of a triangular shape and are longish they look a lot like yoshis.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I found that conversely to common sense I had to fit smaller main jets and pilots when running a tuned engine.
To avoid repeated trips to a dyno I built a real time air/fuel wide band display showing what each cylinder was doing in real time.

I could then tune each section using the stoic ratio.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I agree, those mains are too big. Supporting Tony.mon I'm running Keihin165/168 front/rear but my engine is closer to his than yours. Try going back to stock with the jetting.