Pumping tyres.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bikerbob

Pumping tyres.

Post by Bikerbob »

Thought I would pump up the tyres on my yet to be ridden Storm for the MOT. Now I have to ride on half flat tyres. Never had any issues at all with classic bikes even bikes 90 years old.I have 4 compressors including a 50l workshop one. Nothing that allows me to get on the valve properly. I could lay flat on the floor I suppose?, but how to get back up again with aged knees!. If this is modern design ,its rubbish!!. What gismo's have you found that makes this job practical and hopefully painless?.
fabiostar

Re: Pumping tyres.

Post by fabiostar »

buy a set of 90 degree valve fitments, makes it a lot easier. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Bikerbob

Post by Bikerbob »

Just as long as they don't finish up pointing at the brakes, or I will be worse off. Anyway why should it be needed,---bad design. While on that subject ,Which twats re-arranged the gears and brakes , not only on the wrong sides but the gears are upside down!! Back from the MOT ,all OK but they took umbrige with the oil drips on their drive. Too much EP90 on the chain. Told them they were lucky its not my Norton.Steering feels better for another 10lbs in the tyre, Rained there and back lots of luvly diesel , 3X the power I'm used to or need,seat too high,bars too low, Engine noise amplified by the plastics ,sounds like one of those Road surface tamping machines.Its probably normal. Clunky gearchange ,draggy clutch (in comparison to vintage bikes),jerky transmission. HMMM, you lot are Hero's to put up with all this. Pops and bangs on the overrun. Feeble side stand. Satsuma colour means at least they see me coming.(And hear me!), those DB killers don't do much. Going to take a Valium and try again later.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Bikerbob wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:11 am --bad design. While on that subject ,Which twats re-arranged the gears and brakes , not only on the wrong sides but the gears are upside down!! Back from the MOT ,all OK but they took umbrige with the oil drips on their drive. Too much EP90 on the chain. Told them they were lucky its not my Norton.Steering feels better for another 10lbs in the tyre, Rained there and back lots of luvly diesel , 3X the power I'm used to or need,seat too high,bars too low, Engine noise amplified by the plastics ,sounds like one of those Road surface tamping machines.Its probably normal. Clunky gearchange ,draggy clutch (in comparison to vintage bikes),jerky transmission. HMMM, you lot are Hero's to put up with all this. Pops and bangs on the overrun. Feeble side stand. Satsuma colour means at least they see me coming.(And hear me!), those DB killers don't do much. Going to take a Valium and try again later.
Great innit! :lol:
Fantastic write up Bob, you nearly had me going out and buying another one :clap: :clap:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Simples... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/flexible-5-9 ... Sw-q5bZX5U

Tis what I use, you can get 90* valve stems but they need fitting when you change a tyre...

There are also 90* adapters out there but the one above gives you more roon to conect things...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Or one of these or similar on the end of your compressor airline Bob:- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8mm-Car-Tyre ... SwXvRc9Mbt

Chris.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

I found that but the valves bend a little and yes it's still awkward but manageable. Shouldnt have to do it too often unless there's a slow leak. You like the power then😳. Sounds like mine. I'm 67 and it's more comfy than my norton, the seat is lower than the Commando so I get both feet down with only short legs. It doesnt handle any better than the classic but that's more down to my average abilities, better ground clearance tho, no more scraping pegs 😬