Comfort kits

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Stormchaser

Comfort kits

Post by Stormchaser »

Hi, has anyone tried a Comfort Kit as sold on ebay by Trickbitz? I wonder how the relocation of the footpegs works in relation to where the controls are (brake pedal and gearlever) as these can only be moved up and down a bit by adjustment? Many thanks :o
Cadbury64

Re: Comfort kits

Post by Cadbury64 »

I can't comment specifically on that kit, but I did try some of the 25mm offset footpeg mounts that are available on eBay, and ran into a problem with the gearshift. Specifically, with the footpeg lowered I also needed the gearshift lowered, and when that was in the correct position there was contact between the exhaust pipe and the gearshift lever arm when pushing the lever down. As I could not figure a work-around I took the lower pegs off again.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Stormchaser

Post by Stormchaser »

Thanks for the info chaps.I went ahead and fitted a comfort kit, had the same issues with clearance on the left switchgear but minimised it by filing off the locating prong from the switchgear and moving it around and up the bar. Slightly more comfortable but i'm not sure about the footpegs, a bit clunky and don't look or feel factory, so I wonder of Gilles rearsets offer any adjustment forward and down from standard?