High rise handle bars

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MaroonMachine

Re: High rise handle bars

Post by MaroonMachine »

Image this any use :biggrin
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Forks will miss the bars.As I'm pleased with the handling,I haven't adjusted the forks through the yokes :biggrin The previous owner did the mods including fork springs,rear shock etc
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MaroonMachine wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm Image this any use :biggrin
so that's been raised by the full depth of the standard clip-on clamp... that's a lot. and combined with the new bars taking your weight off the front end [so the forks will run higher in their stroke] ... I think you will notice the difference even if you have tried to compensate with a shock spacer.

but the important thing is that you like the way it feels, so that is all that is needed
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MaroonMachine wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:30 pm Image this any use :biggrin
MaroonMachine wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:36 pm Forks will miss the bars.As I'm pleased with the handling,I haven't adjusted the forks through the yokes :biggrin The previous owner did the mods including fork springs,rear shock etc
Thanks for the photo :thumbup:

This would be easier if you lived around the corner :lol: I will give it ago anyway.
Just to clarify. When you say the forks will miss the handlebars do you mean you could side the fork stanchions up past the handlebars so the tops of the forks (and the adjusters) would be higher than the bars if you wanted like mine are in the photo below :?:

Also does the steering lock still work :?:

Thanks,

Chris.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Steering lock still works,but the forks will not go above the bars.But as I said no handling problems and I can still adjust forks.My previous bike was a triumph speed triple,and this bike handles just as well. :biggrin I got the bike for a very good price,so I'm not in any rush to buy another top yoke,as it is working just fine :biggrin
The old triple
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MaroonMachine wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:51 pm Steering lock still works,but the forks will not go above the bars.But as I said no handling problems and I can still adjust forks.My previous bike was a triumph speed triple,and this bike handles just as well. :biggrin I got the bike for a very good price,so I'm not in any rush to buy another top yoke,as it is working just fine :biggrin
The old triple
That is exactly what I thought, many thanks for clearing that up :thumbup:

No point at all in changing the top yoke if you're happy with the way it handles already I agree.

I used to like the look of those Triumph Speed Triples, especially in that shade of green, and the round bug-eyed headlights 8) although I have never test ridden one.
Nice photo :thumbup:

Chris.