New sealed Stator connector

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
E.Marquez

New sealed Stator connector

Post by E.Marquez »

I finally found a solution for the crappy old style unsealed stator connector

Not a cheap option at about $16 per set Image

And a huge stumbling block for common use for most here, it needs a $300 OEM HDT-48-00 crimp tool or a $400 DMC AF8 M22520/1-01 crimp tool frame and a $130 positioner turret for this specific Milspec terminal pin and socket used in the Deutsch DTP body

And of course in the DTP high amp series , only 2 and 4 place body's are available. But overall size on the 4p one is still ok for a VTR use, so thats what Im going with.

A possible solution would be to have connector pig tails made and user install them via a uber high quality Mil / AV spec crimp splice..but now your back to a pricey crimp tool..

Or a pig tail the end user solders on and protects with dual wall adhesive lined heat shrink tube like Raychem dr25 ...the down side, and the reason I went to plug and play cables for my RR kits.. The kit, the install the final product would then relies on a perfect soldiered joint.. Something I rarely see in DIY stuff posted online.

I have the connector kits and crimp tool frame on hand now, the new DMC turret is set to be delivered today ...

Some quick crimps on my chosen test bed bike (lol mine) and some wire pull tests and we will see what we see
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
tony.mon

Re: New sealed Stator connector

Post by tony.mon »

You could offer a stator and rr exchange service?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:39 pm You could offer a stator and rr exchange service?
I "could" but Id rather not get into used stators...now I could add a connector to a users stator and send it back with the new RR kit and matching plug.
doable at reasonable cost for US folks, but across the pond it would add $70 or more in shipping costs. Stator to me, stator and RR kit back.
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That should take care of the weak link, good work Erik :thumbup: