Oil cooler pipelines

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pezed

Oil cooler pipelines

Post by Pezed »

Hi. I've just been looking over the bike and my oil cooler pipelines are a bit cruddy. Is it possible to buy stainless replacements from anyone? I'd rather do that than fit standard types. My google search and e-bay trawl didn't turn up anything, but I bet somebody does them!
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Rhughes945

Re: Oil cooler pipelines

Post by Rhughes945 »

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pezed

Post by Pezed »

Thanks for the quick replies guys!
I think that I prefer the idea of tube type rather than braid, so I'll pm Mac and see what's what. Cheers. :plainsmile
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Pezed wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:01 pm Thanks for the quick replies guys!
I think that I prefer the idea of tube type rather than braid, so I'll pm Mac and see what's what. Cheers. :plainsmile
Pirtek use the old fittings and replace the old corroded chromed tube with a braided hose.

https://www.pirtek.co.uk
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Pezed

Post by Pezed »

Thanks Wicky. From your previous link, it seems that Mac's version uses tube rather than braid, which I'd prefer, especially if it's stainless. However, I am unable to pm him, nor can I post a reply to the thread that you linked. I can't see anything that I'm doing wrong, so can only guess that I'm barred due to the insufficient postings clause? Not sure, anyhow I've mailed admin so maybe they'll clarify. Mac uses Pirtek too, so I really do need to clarify things, and am peee'd off at the restrictions seemingly imposed upon me.
Cheers.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

That's my bike with Mac's Pirtek refurbished oil lines. My old ones corroded through once the chrome chipped and flaked off.

Before we fitted them I did look at excellent condition second hand oil lines on ebay from US bikes (CA, AZ) that don't see salty winter roads but cost of postage made them quite expensive. There aren't any off-the-shelf fully stainless replacements.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pezed dear fellow...

Firstly yes you are restricted in use of PM's & access to sales & wants until you hit 50 posts...

It's in da roolls...

I dont have any avaliable, not done any for some time now so dont know if the guy I used is still there.

Basicaly the stuff he used is just mild steel just a bit thicker wall. You need to sacrifice a set of line to use the end fittings.

Try a local Pirtek* & ask nicley if thay can do it, expect to pay around £100 to get a set done.

* Other hose fitting companies are avaliable
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pezed

Post by Pezed »

Hi Mac, thanks for the prompt response.
I'm disappointed that I'm too late for your version, mainly because it was a great scheme that would have enabled me to have absolute minimum downtime! I don't suppose that you have any end fittings kicking around do ya? At a pinch I could send some to Pirtek with a decent scale drawing if you do.
Regards.

Ps. Rules are for the adherence of idiots and the guidance of wise men. 😊👍
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I used Pirtek to make up braided lines for mine, but they were fairly expensive. Try searching fluid transfer solutions local to you. See if you’ve anyone Nearby. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Kev L wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:02 am I used Pirtek to make up braided lines for mine, but they were fairly expensive. Try searching fluid transfer solutions local to you. See if you’ve anyone Nearby. :thumbup:
:shifty:

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Fluid Transfer Solutions!!!
Do you really think I'm going to put that into Google 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:19 am Fluid Transfer Solutions!!!
Do you really think I'm going to put that into Google 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: you'll be fine :lol:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I just googled it and sadly it’s perfectly safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project