Coolant leak

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dazza2910

Coolant leak

Post by Dazza2910 »

So the only snagging thing I've found so far (other than the cosmetic things), is this coolant leak.

I've highlighted where the leak is. I had broken the hose clip and hoped that would be an easy fix. But it still leaks a little bit. The other picture is showing what I think is the other end of the hose, but just wanted to check. Can someone confirm?

Not decided if I want to go to the expense of a full silicon hose set or just replace that one.

Cheers

Daz
Attachments
Leak.jpg
Hose.jpg
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Coolant leak

Post by Pete.L »

I’d go for the lot.
These bikes aren’t getting any younger. No point in ending up stranded or having to replace another one next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hi, it looks like you might have corrosion on the aluminium spigot.

I'd remove the pipe & clean the spigot & if the pipe's long enough cut a little off & give it a go :thumbup:
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

Might look like corrosion but I think it may be sludge that's leaked out. Coolant wasn't the best when I drained it. Guess I'm going to have to drain it again and check the pipe.

Had a look at the parts fiche on Fowlers and it's not obvious which pipe it is. Fiche seems to imply the pipe goes to the radiator on the opposite side, but from a brief look out looks like it goes to the one in the second picture. Either way, doesn't seem to show the hose on the fiche.

Cheers

Daz
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

So it was the bottom hose to the right of the choke lever. What a ball ache to get off too!

Found a split in the end it was leaking from and not enough give in the hose just to cut the end off. So looking at these. Don't see the point in getting used ones off eBay that are still going to be 20-ish years old.

https://www.as3performance.co.uk/honda- ... tor-hoses/

Daz
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Dazza2910 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:34 pm So it was the bottom hose to the right of the choke lever. What a ball ache to get off too!

Found a split in the end it was leaking from and not enough give in the hose just to cut the end off. So looking at these. Don't see the point in getting used ones off eBay that are still going to be 20-ish years old.

https://www.as3performance.co.uk/honda- ... tor-hoses/

Daz
Daz you need to buy the special hose clips for them, normal ones cut into the hoses.

The spesh ones have rounded edges...

Naturally they dont come with the hoses, they charge you extra...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dazza2910

Post by Dazza2910 »

Thanks Mac. Was going to look into cheaper options, but don't think I'll bother. Don't want to ruin £80 worth of hoses!

Daz