Rough running

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Steviebongo

Rough running

Post by Steviebongo »

Hi there new to forum ,had the bike a year ran it last summer no issues,put the bike back on the road on Monday after an oil n filter change and rode it to the petrol station no probs .i then went for a good run however after about 5-10 miles after a high speed run I came to a roundabout only for it to try and cut out it was stuttering and popping on low speed But seemed to clear higher up the revs/gears I went I managed to limp home And got it into my shed. the bikes a 2001 and 13k miles .i removed the plugs seemed ok but changed them anyway but when restarted on choke seemed ok but when rev’d the fault still apparent. I started the bike and ran till warm every 2 weeks during the time of the road .

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first vtwin and love it cheers
MacV2

Re: Rough running

Post by MacV2 »

Check the vac pipe has no splits...

If you have the vac pipes in place for carb balancing make sure they fully plugged up.

Check the petcock diapraghm.

Could be a coil braking down.

Could be somthing simple like some sludge from the old fule blocking the carbs...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Steviebongo

Post by Steviebongo »

Hi there where is the best place to get plug cap for front cylinder the resistance is too high so looking to buy a new one
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:19 pm Check the vac pipe has no splits...

If you have the vac pipes in place for carb balancing make sure they fully plugged up.

Check the petcock diapraghm.

Could be a coil braking down.

Could be somthing simple like some sludge from the old fule blocking the carbs...
Are you sure you put petrol in, I have some past history here and can confirm that diesel doesn't work ☹️
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Steviebongo wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:54 pm Hi there where is the best place to get plug cap for front cylinder the resistance is too high so looking to buy a new one
if your suspecting the plug caps or coils, then it could be good time to convert to the more modern plugtop coils. even a 2nd hand replacement firestorm part will be getting old
AMcQ