Blocked water drain hole

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
datomo

Blocked water drain hole

Post by datomo »

Hey all new vtr owner new to forum purchased a 98 firestorm so far new plugs, stopper mod ,new rectifier radiator was full of red filth, flushed over and over untill clean my problem is I have a blockage in the head drain bolt can't get any moisture at all out if it ,she doesn't get hot sits half way on the temp I was hoping a few flushes would clean it all out so far no luck. Has anybody else had this issue?
Does anybody know how the water galleries all join inside the head are they larger diameter once inside the drain plug 🤞 lol, hoping it's only blocked at the drain junction but no way to tell, should I just keep riding I'm worried if the coolant isn't flowing through the front head the temp gauge might not read the true temp don't want to cook her and not realise thanx in advance for any advice n help also does anyone have any suggestions on decent radiator flush so far I've used vinegar 50/50 n thats it
nigelrb

Re: Blocked water drain hole

Post by nigelrb »

Hi and welcome.

Sorry I can't help with the technicals, but no doubt one of the gurus on here will resolve very quick!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds like an air lock.
Fill the rad at the filler cap on the side stand, then start the engine. Wearing gloves (it gets hot), squeeze the large pipe that runs through the frame on lh side of the engine. You should see bubbles and the level will drop in the filler neck. Add more coolant when that happens and repeat.
Then hold the throttle at 3k revs, again, you will see the level drop. Still holding the revs at 3k, top up and put the cap on.

See if that helps.
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
xeris

Post by xeris »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 pm Sounds like an air lock.
Fill the rad at the filler cap on the side stand, then start the engine. Wearing gloves, squeeze the large pipe that runs through the frame, you should see the level drop in the filler neck. Add more coolant when that happens and repeat.
Then hold the throttle at 3k revs, again, you will see the level drop. Still holding the revs at 3k, too up and put the cap on.

See if that helps.
Stand on one foot, right arm behind your back, squint left eye, hold your breath.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

xeris wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:54 am
tony.mon wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:53 pm Sounds like an air lock.
Fill the rad at the filler cap on the side stand, then start the engine. Wearing gloves, squeeze the large pipe that runs through the frame, you should see the level drop in the filler neck. Add more coolant when that happens and repeat.
Then hold the throttle at 3k revs, again, you will see the level drop. Still holding the revs at 3k, too up and put the cap on.

See if that helps.
Stand on one foot, right arm behind your back, squint left eye, hold your breath.
Sounds like your normal Saturday night at the masonic hall 🤪