Brembo RCS

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dave100

Brembo RCS

Post by Dave100 »

Hi all

I’ve just put an RCS on my old (1991) zx-10 in an effort to get this century braking , and combined with pads , braideds and calliper service it feels 100% better πŸ‘

While I had it loose I offered it up on the storms bars and the only issue I could see was the standard brembo reservoir and bracket clashed with the screen

Has anyone done it on here and was it with a different reservoir / bracket ??

Cheers Dave
Dave100

Re: Brembo RCS

Post by Dave100 »

Bumping this one

Really interested to see if anyone has done this and had any issues with the reservoir hitting the screen ?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I haven't fitted an RCS, but I have a Nissin radial calliper off a Suzuki on mine and also had to move the reservoir.

You can fit any reservoir and any length of hose and any shape of bracket, as long as the reservoir is above the master cylinder it will work as normal.

I just made a new bracket and was able to put the pot out of the way, go for it
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv a blade master on apex 3" riser bars and also had to move the res inbound on a bracket to clear the fairing, as Al said it doesnt matter how long the pipe is as long as its above the master even slightly.. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

AMCQ46 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 am I haven't fitted an RCS, but I have a Nissin radial calliper off a Suzuki on mine and also had to move the reservoir.

You can fit any reservoir and any length of hose and any shape of bracket, as long as the reservoir is above the master cylinder it will work as normal.

I just made a new bracket and was able to put the pot out of the way, go for it
Thanks will start looking at different brackets and reservoirs πŸ‘
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

fabiostar wrote: ↑Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 am iv a blade master on apex 3" riser bars and also had to move the res inbound on a bracket to clear the fairing, as Al said it doesnt matter how long the pipe is as long as its above the master even slightly.. :thumbup:
Thanks πŸ‘πŸ‘
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Dave100 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:52 pm
fabiostar wrote: ↑Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 am iv a blade master on apex 3" riser bars and also had to move the res inbound on a bracket to clear the fairing, as Al said it doesnt matter how long the pipe is as long as its above the master even slightly.. :thumbup:
Thanks πŸ‘πŸ‘
for the res bottle you can get loads of little rip off Brembo units that are tiny to give you more room.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

fabiostar wrote: ↑Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:49 pm
Dave100 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:52 pm
Thanks πŸ‘πŸ‘
for the res bottle you can get loads of little rip off Brembo units that are tiny to give you more room.
Good idea .... will look at those , with a custom bracket πŸ‘
Twitchy

Post by Twitchy »

I've got ZX14 radial brake and clutch masters (coz I get a bit OCD and they have to match :problem: ), I used the ladybird style res mounts from kurveygirl. They are long enough (actually too long), and you can bend and twist to get the desired shape.
06 VTR1000F; bits by Jack Flash, Erik Marquez & Jamie Daugherty. SP/954 front and SP2 rear in the works.
Build thread; http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=36638
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

Twitchy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:13 pm I've got ZX14 radial brake and clutch masters (coz I get a bit OCD and they have to match :problem: ), I used the ladybird style res mounts from kurveygirl. They are long enough (actually too long), and you can bend and twist to get the desired shape.
Thanks Twitchy