Bearing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Christos

Bearing

Post by Christos »

today because I got bored because of lockdown and because my wife got bored in the house and because yesterday I read all day about technical issues I said to change bearings in the swingarm and the steering wheel. the swingarm had a bit of a gamble I thought it was the bearings but I realized it was from the shaft :( . for the steering wheel bearings I made a tool to put the right torque, I put tapered bearings I put 25 nm torque but the steering wheel was very tight so I did the process with the scales.
Christos

Re: Bearing

Post by Christos »

can someone enlighten me about the torque on the steering wheel bearing. because they are conical they want another torque. the trader I got them told me they want the same torque.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Taper Steering Bearings - part numbers and setting > viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15681&hilit=bearings
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Don't trust the trader!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Christos

Post by Christos »

Like I told you, I changed the bearings in the swingarm because it's a little free play when I rocked it right and left. finally it was not from the bearings and I got a shaft and spacers but again I have free play in the swing arm but less. the crazy thing is that from the beginning the problem exists after a route when it is hot. I will go crazy ... can someone explain to me?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Christos wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:39 pm Like I told you, I changed the bearings in the swingarm because it's a little free play when I rocked it right and left. finally it was not from the bearings and I got a shaft and spacers but again I have free play in the swing arm but less. the crazy thing is that from the beginning the problem exists after a route when it is hot. I will go crazy ... can someone explain to me?
Can the free play you're feeling by moving the swingarm from left to right still be felt when everything is bolted up tight including the dog-bone linkage bolts :?:

Chris.
Christos

Post by Christos »

thank you for the interest. if I understood correctly you ask me if I have everything well screwed? yes everything is properly checked twice and with the right torques.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Christos wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:02 pm thank you for the interest. if I understood correctly you ask me if I have everything well screwed? yes everything is properly checked twice and with the right torques.
So you have done the linkage... You need to now check the swingarm bearings. One side has a large neddle roller & the otherside has two radial ball.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... 3/swingarm

If the play you mention is at the rear then wheel bearings & sprocket carrier bearings are worth changing.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... rear-wheel
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Christos

Post by Christos »

I changed the bearings in the swingarm. what worries me is that free play is when it is after a route. now that it is cold it does not move.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Christos wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:02 pm thank you for the interest. if I understood correctly you ask me if I have everything well screwed? yes everything is properly checked twice and with the right torques.
Yes you have understood me correctly :thumbup:

That is really oddd, especially as it's not happening now it's cold,

Chris.
Christos

Post by Christos »

I will open it again tomorrow and do it from the beginning. does the shaft come in from both the right and the left? if I find a solution I will tell you.
Christos

Post by Christos »

as for the cold. not because of the weather but because of the operation of the motorcycle
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

If you just install the shaft into the cases, does it move?
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Christos

Post by Christos »

I will try it tomorrow and I will tell you.
Christos

Post by Christos »

good evening again. today I solved the whole swingarm and did it again from the beginning, I had the shaft from left to right now I put it from right to left, I did a short route because it started to rain when I stopped I shake the swingarm and they do not shake :D .. tomorrow I do a longer route I will see it again.