few general questions

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

few general questions

Post by xxxrated »

1) damn squeeky brakes, had 5 minutes in work today so i took the pads out and copper greased the backs of them, copper greased the sliders and even put copper grease on the rattle plate thing on the top. still squeeking like a crazy 1. any ideas how to stop it??

2) what sort of bolts do i need to connect the underside of the fairing to the radiator?? they havent been on it since ive had the bike but am worried if the wind catches it wrong itll rip the fairing off.

3) i wanna check/replace my CCT's soon. im competent enough with mechanical stuff but id like a guesstimate on how long they take on average. i know theres no set figure but itll give me an idea of when best to do it. cheers
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

I replaced the springs on my CCTs with some from David Greenwood (see the sticky - I think in the Sales section). Front one took about 3 hours - 'cus I buggered the head of one of the screws holding the intake trumpet (like a tw@#t I used locktite on them last time). Rear one took about an hour.

It doesn't tell you in the haynes manual, but its best to make sure the cylinder is TDC on the power stroke (i.e. valves are closed) so that the cams don't move, before you remove the tensioner.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
ips

Post by ips »

2) It's those plastic push in studs the same as under ether side of the seat fairing.
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

1) New pads?
Give them a few miles to bed in and see how they go. Never had a problem with them myself. If they get really bad you could always try some WD40 on the disks!! :lol:

2) Don't bother. I've not put mine on since 2002 and despite some high speed shenanigans (closed road obviously!) its never torn loose
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

ips wrote:2) It's those plastic push in studs the same as under ether side of the seat fairing.
ummm i have none of those either lol.
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

[quote="Stormin Ben"]1) New pads?
Give them a few miles to bed in and see how they go. Never had a problem with them myself. If they get really bad you could always try some WD40 on the disks!! :lol:

naaa done a good few thousand on em, just got to the point where its driving me insane. and i tried the WD40 trick once as a child wth a pushbike. needless to say i wont be trying it again :?